(!) Forum work / updates and update cycles

Andy+

As a supporter of Resilio, I would like to turn to you for a better understanding.

I've already heard that you must all use your time efficiently. Nevertheless, I would like to understand why nobody or hardly anyone from the staff apparently works in the forum. It is clear that there is also considerable potential in this to advance the Synctool. This would also include fixed update cycles, it doesn't have to be the big technical leaps from update to update. Etc., etc.

Further, If there are problems, the users want solutions and if the impression arises that they are saying it here and it goes unheard (yes, from you Resilio staff), because maybe the users and forum participants also have no solution, they turn away in frustration. This is what I experience when users, even those with licenses, complain about it in other forums. Should that be so?

It's also about users turning away and using other tools even though a license is in place. The users want a lively community, they want to feel where you stand, they want to join in and ultimately help.

Well, what's your opinion on that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:26 AM, Andy+ said:

As a supporter of Resilio, I would like to turn to you for a better understanding.

I've already heard that you must all use your time efficiently. Nevertheless, I would like to understand why nobody or hardly anyone from the staff apparently works in the forum. It is clear that there is also considerable potential in this to advance the Synctool. This would also include fixed update cycles, it doesn't have to be the big technical leaps from update to update. Etc., etc.

Further, If there are problems, the users want solutions and if the impression arises that they are saying it here and it goes unheard (yes, from you Resilio staff), because maybe the users and forum participants also have no solution, they turn away in frustration. This is what I experience when users, even those with licenses, complain about it in other forums. Should that be so?

It's also about users turning away and using other tools even though a license is in place. The users want a lively community, they want to feel where you stand, they want to join in and ultimately help.

Well, what's your opinion on that?

I imagine they are struggling with a business model where they receive sufficient revenue. I doubt there is currently enough paying Resilio customers to support the dev and support teams.

Then it is time to realize that having a busy forum that will secure the future too. Because today's young users are tomorrow's administrators. Microsoft has shown how to do it. Good software is passed on and recommended. And a forum is clearly a very good platform for that. In addition, feedback is given on a broad basis, which is taken into account in the development of the software, which makes it better and better.

Well, if users can help other users, that's okay. However, if special help is required or even a bug occurs, and there are several of them, then the forum is no longer worth anything.

So all that remains is to write to support. However, this is more time-consuming for Resilio, since each user has to be dealt with separately in the same case. On the other hand, if I can use a search function in a forum and find a solution, that is an added value.