Need some explanation about functioning

Jx7

Hi,

I'm not sure I wrote correctly the title ^^

I would like to understand the functioning of btsync in some cases like:

What happen if I stop and restart btsync while it is syncing a file?

Example:

btsync is syncing FILE_1 so I see a file nammed FILE_1.!sync

When I restart btsync FILE_1.!sync is still present but I see a new file syncing : FILE_2.!sync

I tried to restart many btsync times and every time I did it, I saw a new FILE_x.!sync

So does btsync choose randomly what file is going to be synced?

Does btsync support resume for the previous file? I mean when btsync will sync again FILE_1, it will be a full sync or btsync will start where it ended?

Does btsync sync many files at the time?

I hope I'm clear :)

Thanks for your help.

Seems like a bug. Can you tell us OS and Sync versions?

Sync should have only FILE_1.!sync, it will get pieces to this file, irrespective of network up/down and sync up/down, exactly like BitTorrent client. Once file is completed it should be renamed to FILE_1

Yes, Sync resume any transmission and has some policy for effectively transmitting files between peers. Amount of the files in transmission is decided by size. At the moment Sync can transfer in parallel from 1-3 files, we will add configuration later.

No - there are high CPU issues in general across all platforms at present - please see the unofficial FAQ

My question was about my problem described in the first message. My CPU problem was not with btsync and I was just wondering if it can be the source of my problem. Anyway, thank you for the very interesting FAQ