Failed to run --config on Mac OS X

nhisyam

I see. Thanks.

Now I am able to run it, but still I can't seem to get it running correctly. The application seems to now run with the specified config file. But I still can't access the HTTP API. 

- I have provided valid storage_path

- I'm using my local IP address (192.168.1.34:8888)

- I entered correct API key

Am I missing something?

• 2 months later...

Hey guys - thanks for the helpful thread. When I use

$ /Applications/BitTorrent\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/BitTorrent\ Sync-config ~/btconfig/config.json

in the terminal, it freezes (although the http API does work). I am observing a similar freeze in the development environment (LiveCode 6.5.1) when I issue the same "shell" command. How can I run this in a "background" mode? Or, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance, Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Either set up a launchd plist, for example here's one for Apache CouchDB:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"  "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0">  <dict>    <key>Label</key>    <string>org.apache.couchdb</string>    <key>EnvironmentVariables</key>    <dict>      <key>HOME</key>      <string>/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb/</string>    </dict>    <key>ProgramArguments</key>    <array>      <string>/usr/local/bin/couchdb</string>    </array>    <key>UserName</key>    <string>couchdb</string>    <key>StandardOutPath</key>    <string>/dev/null</string>    <key>StandardErrorPath</key>    <string>/dev/null</string>    <key>RunAtLoad</key>    <true/>    <key>KeepAlive</key>    <true/>  </dict></plist>

modify this file as needed, put it in `/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bittorrent.btsync.plist` and then use

`/usr/bin/sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bittorrent.btsync.plist` to start it

and

`/usr/bin/sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bittorrent.btsync.plist` to stop it

Alternatively, run it when you need it from the terminal:

/Applications/BitTorrent\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/BitTorrent\ Sync-config ~/btconfig/config.json &

the & forces it to run in the background.

• 1 month later...