nhisyam

Failed to run --config on Mac OS X

Hi,

I have not been able to run BittorrentSync app using the --config parameter. After I run it, nothing happens and the app doesn't run.

Anyone managed to get this running on Mac OS X?

Thanks.

I was able to run on Mac OS 10.9: $ /Applications/BitTorrent\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/BitTorrent\ Sync-config ~/btconfig/config.json

Make sure that you have the latest version of the client.

I see. Thanks.

Now I am able to run it, but still I can't seem to get it running correctly. The application seems to now run with the specified config file. But I still can't access the HTTP API. 

- I have provided valid storage_path

- I'm using my local IP address (192.168.1.34:8888)

- I entered correct API key

Am I missing something?

Got it working with a sample config generated with Python from another thread . My minimal config :

{  "storage_path" : "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/BitTorrent Sync",  "use_gui" : true,  "webui" :  {    "listen" : "127.0.0.1:8888",    "api_key" : "XXX"  }

Got it working with a sample config generated with Python from another thread . My minimal config :

{  "storage_path" : "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/BitTorrent Sync",  "use_gui" : true,  "webui" :  {    "listen" : "127.0.0.1:8888",    "api_key" : "XXX"  }

I had the same issue. This works for me. Thx!

Hey guys - thanks for the helpful thread. When I use

$ /Applications/BitTorrent\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/BitTorrent\ Sync-config ~/btconfig/config.json

in the terminal, it freezes (although the http API does work). I am observing a similar freeze in the development environment (LiveCode 6.5.1) when I issue the same "shell" command. How can I run this in a "background" mode? Or, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance, Jon

Either set up a launchd plist, for example here's one for Apache CouchDB:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"  "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0">  <dict>    <key>Label</key>    <string>org.apache.couchdb</string>    <key>EnvironmentVariables</key>    <dict>      <key>HOME</key>      <string>/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb/</string>    </dict>    <key>ProgramArguments</key>    <array>      <string>/usr/local/bin/couchdb</string>    </array>    <key>UserName</key>    <string>couchdb</string>    <key>StandardOutPath</key>    <string>/dev/null</string>    <key>StandardErrorPath</key>    <string>/dev/null</string>    <key>RunAtLoad</key>    <true/>    <key>KeepAlive</key>    <true/>  </dict></plist>

modify this file as needed, put it in `/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bittorrent.btsync.plist` and then use

`/usr/bin/sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bittorrent.btsync.plist` to start it

and

`/usr/bin/sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bittorrent.btsync.plist` to stop it

Alternatively, run it when you need it from the terminal:

/Applications/BitTorrent\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/BitTorrent\ Sync-config ~/btconfig/config.json &

the & forces it to run in the background.

Did anyone get a launchDaemon to work? Bittorent Sync seems to just quit after a couple of seconds, it doesn't log anything to any standard system logs either so there's no way to figure out whats going wrong.