Bittorrent Sync Preventing Android Devices From Sleeping

rebelgeek

Hello, 

I installed BitTorrent Sync (as well as BitTorrent) on my Nexus 5 and when they are active, the device never goes to sleep. The auto-sleep feature doesn't seem to have an effect on that. I have to shutdown the apps and restart the device for the power management to kick in. Is anybody else experiencing this? Any solutions? I tried searching these forums but found nothing relating to Android devices.

Thanks, 

Rebel Geek

The screen never goes to sleep. Whenever I deactivate Sync and reboot the device, the normal behavior is restored. To further test, I wake up the device and let it go to "sleep". I then fired up Sync and the screen never sleeps from that point on. I don't need BetterBatteryStats to see that this app is keeping my device "awake". Keeping the screen on is drainage enough. 

[bTW, I read the thread that you provided; thanks for the in-depth analysis]

I'm not clear what you mean by "let it go to sleep." By "sleep" I thought you meant Android's special power saving mode after the device has been turned off a while, and you'd need BetterBatteryStats to analyze that. Are you saying your screen never turns off? Obviously you could hit the power button, so I guess you're saying the screen never times out while BitTorrent Sync is running? That would be odd, unless you have an app that lets you choose apps that override the display timeout setting. Have you tried changing that display timeout setting while BitTorrent Sync is running?