Trouble Syncing! No Connected Devices.

kchetan

Hello! BitSync is amazing. Ive been waiting for something like this (for free) since ages. But I'm facing some issues now. When I first downloaded sync I made a folder and shared the key among all my roommates, everything worked fine. But when I tried making the shared folder on my roommated comp and copied the secret key on my PC, it just wont work! 

I don't think PC or OS is the issue coz it was working fine for me! I've tried re installing the software, that same key is working on all the other PCs as well, all other PCs except mine! 

Any idea what's happening? Thanks a ton!

Guest proactiveservices

Which version of sync is on each client? What operating system? Have you ensured that the firewalls (operating system, router and any software firewalls) are allowing BTSync through? What settings are on the shared folders at both ends? Have you ensured the secrets are identical? Anything obvious in the BTSync logs on both ends? Difficult to offer advice without knowledge of what you have and haven't tried :-)

Version : Latest, downloaded last night (6th March 2014)

Firewall: The setup has an option to add exception. That was checked. And i manually checked firewall settings too, I could see exception for Bittorrent Sync.

Yes secrets are identical, i copied it in a pen drive. The same secret worked for other laptops.

I don't understand, it was working a few days ago. Now its not!

It seems sync needs internet whether you are local or not for the tracker. I tried running it local here too (here is in China) and it failed too even on the same router network it appears still needing to connect to the tracker. What for? I have no idea... but it just doesn't work.

It seems sync needs internet whether you are local or not for the tracker. I tried running it local here too (here is in China) and it failed too even on the same router network it appears still needing to connect to the tracker. What for? I have no idea... but it just doesn't work.

Have you disabled the tracker option (this is a per folder setting). With the tracker, relay, and DHT options disabled, Sync will only sync across your LAN, and not via the internet.

If you're not able to get Sync to work "locally" in this way, you can additionally use the "Pre-defined hosts" option to list the IP address of other devices you wish to sync to within your local network.

If after that you're still unable to achieve a "local" sync, it's then likely to be an issue with your firewall/router settings blocking connections between devices.

It seems sync needs internet whether you are local or not for the tracker. 

That's not true. Sync uses multicast for discovery of other Sync instances in local network and is capable of working fully disconnected from internet. The most probable issue in your case is security software. Please re-check when your firewall is off.

kchetan,

Same thing. Please try disabling firewall completely and see if issue is resolved.