[Solved] Not Able To Access The Web Gui Using Chrome Or Internet Explorer In Windows 7 With Sync 2.0.93

NDV

Hello,

I am working with Windows 7-64 bit, chrome and internet explorer browsers, and Sync v2.0.93.

I have been doing some research in the forums for some time now without success. I am trying to log into the web gui with 127.0.0.1:8888/gui/, and I cannot seem to access it. 

I have some some posts about the older 1.0 versions able to access the gui with that address, but nothing about the newer versions. 

Ultimately, I am trying to create the config file, I figure if it runs in the browser, my information I am putting in the config file is correct. I am not completely sure Windows will use a config file. I am mainly finding information on Linux setup.

Any help and links to documentation would be great.

If you have IE9 (or later) installed on your Windows system, you'll need to run BTSync.exe with the "/webui" command line switch in order to enable access via your browser.

Similarly, if you wish to run Sync on Windows with a config file, you'll need to execute BTSync.exe with a "/config <path_to_config_file>" command line switch. The actual config file format is the same on Windows as under Linux

Thank you very much for the reply. All of that worked great. My next task is to figure out how to launch my app without having to launch BTSync.exe with "/webui" and then hide it. I am sure I am not the first one trying to do that, so I will look around and post in the correct forum if I cannot figure it out.

Thanks again.