Syncing With Two External Drives

Hi!

Could you please tell me, if I have synced folder on an external drive and I swap that drive with another with same volume name but not same amount of files in synced folder (for example fewer), will Btsync decide that those files were deleted and will remove them from other devices, or it will sync missing files back from other devices?

I mean, for example I have external drive named "Brick" and have synced folder on it. Btsync path is 

/Volumes/Brick/sFolder

sFolder contains 10 files and synced with another computer. I swap "Brick" with another drive, also named "Brick", so path 

/Volumes/Brick/sFolder

stays the same, but sFolder contains 8 files. Will Btsync delete 2 files from another computer, or it will download those files from another computer?

Thanks! Sorry for grammar mistakes. 

@Radiovan

It will remove files from other peers. When you disconnect the drive and then connect it back, sync is going to rescan files and folders. And Sync knows that it synced everything here, i.e. files should be there. Once it sees that files are gone, it decides that they were removed by user and will also remove them from all other peers.

Note, that it will only work if 2 hard drives that you replace connect synced folder to completely same path AND the folder has the same ID (ID assigned to folder when it first connected to Sync OR when it gets shared from other peer. If you sync the folder across different devices - it will always have the same ID)

@Radiovan

It will remove files from other peers. When you disconnect the drive and then connect it back, sync is going to rescan files and folders. And Sync knows that it synced everything here, i.e. files should be there. Once it sees that files are gone, it decides that they were removed by user and will also remove them from all other peers.

Note, that it will only work if 2 hard drives that you replace connect synced folder to completely same path AND the folder has the same ID (ID assigned to folder when it first connected to Sync OR when it gets shared from other peer. If you sync the folder across different devices - it will always have the same ID)

Thanks a lot for clarification!