Pause / Unpause Resolving Sync Speeds

bzowk

Hey Guys - 

The Issue

I've been using BTSync Pro for a few months now and enjoy it.  For the past few weeks, I've had an issue where sync speed between a remote Linux host and my local PC hasn't been what it should.  At top speed, the sync should be running at ~2Mbps but instead it hovers around 250-300Kbps.  I attributed this to my OS as I had a couple of other issues.

This weekend, I went to Windows 10.  Not an upgrade, but secure erased my OS SSD, installed Windows 10 x64 Ent from scratch, and reinstalled everything.  All app configurations were new, too no copying over any old AppData configs.  Once I installed BTSync, I added it to my existing sync devices and set up my sync pair from the Linux box. Same issue is occuring.

Workaround Found

I did find one thing which has resolved it somewhat.  If I leave a sync running at 200-300Kbps, it stays that way - however - if I pause it, wait a few seconds, then unpause it; it syncs at full speed.  Doing this only works about 20% of the time, but when it does, you know it as the speed jumps to 2Mbps in a couple of seconds.

The problem is that I sync files at all hours and it's constantly on and off.  Therefore, it would be impossible for me to sit and watch it then perform this fix as needed.  I'm 100% confident that no other transfers are going on at the same time as I've lived with this issue for a while now and done many tests.  I will say that the Linux server is overseas, but if BTSync was working correctly or it was a connection issue, I'd think I'd see the speed fluctuate during sync, but it doesn't.  It either stays at 200-350Kbps or at 2Mbps - never a speed between or back and forth between the two.

Is this a known issue?  Would you think it be more related to the network / internet or perhaps the Linux end?  Any suggestions?  Please help, Support, as I'm close to just setting up ownCloud locally and using it the same way.

Thanks!

Edited by bzowk