Latest Desktop Build 2.2.2

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.2.2 is now available. You can get it via official download site or using direct links below. Build is not yet pushed to auto-update.

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

Latest Android build is now also available via direct link: 2.2.1 APK

Latest Raspberry Pi package is available via direct link: 2.2.2 DEB

Edited by RomanZ
Added Deb package for RPI

Hello and thank you for your awesome service!

I recently went from 1.3 to 2.1 because 1.3 didn't work good in Windows 10. Sync 2.1 worked flawlessly, the best idle cpu values I had ever seen with 0-0,1% constantly for BTSync.exe.

I use Sync on 2 PC's, one at home and one at my studio. The other day I installed 2.2 on my home PC and afterwards it hasn't run well at all. It never went to idle, CPU usage for BTSync.exe was constantly at around 3%. So I updated on the remote PC too because I figured 2.1 and 2.2 didn't work well together. No difference. So I went back to 2.1 (2.1.4.79 to be exact) on both machines and now BTSync is back at idling at 0%.

PC at home: core i7 3770, windows 8.1 Pro
PC at studio: old core 2 duo E7400, windows 10 Pro

To be more clear, it is not a hardware issue, because right now I see 0% idle on the old core 2 duo as well.

• 2 weeks later...

@mrspcs

It depends on how you installed it. Package or manually?

In either case, you can simply find the binary and replace it with updated one (Sync should be down, of course). It will pick up folders and configuration. Don't forget to set same permissions and owner to new binary.

@sbhouchen

I see that Haley already took care of you :)