Bitsync Wont Open Or Install Or Anything

christofitis

I have been running BitSync 2.2.2 for several weeks now with no issue at all. I have a windows 7 machine. 

Today when i came into work, i hovered my mouse over the system tray icon, and it dissipated right as the mouse floated over it. I then tried to open the application from the desktop icon and it said that the program had been moved or deleted. 

So i re downloaded the install. when i double click that to install nothing happens. Once it popped up to install. and then bitsync opened, but immediately closed again. I have rebooted my machine. I have no installed any software between it working and now. I have only setup a remote desktop connection to another computer. 

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?? My other 4 machines are still running it just fine (there all windows 8.1)

any help would be awesome. 

-chris

so with the 64 bit install, i can get it to open. click install (it just goes away, no confermation install is complete) the application begins to open, then closes right away. 

Please go to help.getsync.com and search for uninstall btsync and you will find a help article.

If it is still and issue after uninstalling and re-installing let us know here or open up a support ticket

so did a full uninstall, remote the files from the AppData dir. Rebooted machine. installer opening, clicked install. Started to open the client then immediately closed. and when i click the desktop icon says "application cannot be found". 

:(

@all,

are you launching it under standard user account or admin? If yes, try copying Admin's HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BitTorrent Sync keys to the standard user's registry

@christofitis

Does the work PC belong to a domain? are there any restriction imposed by admin to apps? It looks like no apps are allowed to be installed to Appdata, which Sync does, so that is why you get ""application cannot be found". 

After you do "Install" of the binary, go to %appdata%/ BitTorrent Sync and see if BTSync.exe is there. Try to launch it from there. Most likely you'll be prompted UAC? 

Any specific details on your PC and users' configurations would be appreciated. 

Allright so my issue may be a bit different after all: I had BITTorrent-Sync installed, but one day it had just disappeared. I downloaded a new install file (https://download-cdn.getsync.com/stable/windows/BitTorrent-Sync.exe) , but when I try to run it it just fizzles out after a few seconds (two entries ''BITTorrent-Sync.exe *32" show up in task manager for a few seconds, then disappear).  All anti-virus disabled. No other clue to what is happening can be found.

Win 7 Home Premium SP1, 64 bit, AMD Athlon 7450 Dual-Core, 4gb ram, launching install as admin. I have not experienced this with any other software. 

Thanks for your assistance.

cklouman,

1) where did you get that link from and why do you install 32bit app for 64 bit PC? Try installing 64bit from here http://www.getsync.com/platforms/desktop

2) Most likley the problem is in Sync not being able to create/update necessary registry keys. Check the following:

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\BitTorrent Sync, key InstallLocation

- HKLM\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\BitTorrent Sync\\InstallLocation

and see what you have there, and especially InstallLocation key's path. Perhaps these keys are corrupted, or are not writable. Try clearing the registry, and run installer again. 

And check in storage folder (%appdata%\BitTorrent Sync) is there are .dmp files.  

If the problem remains, please write to support team send the debug logs, and those dmp files .