[Solved] Start Btsync.exe Without Gui

I have a script that starts BitTorrent Sync by running BTSync.exe, on a schedule, on Windows. When I run the executable, I get an icon in the task bar, as well as the GUI. I then click the X on the GUI, but the process is still running in the task bar.

Is there a way to start the executable without launching the GUI, just the process/taskbar icon? I looked through the flags offered by the executable, but didn't find anything that might help.

With the release of 2.3 you can install BitTorrent Sync as a Windows Service.

Although, when BitTorrent Sync is installed and running as a Windows Service there's no system tray icon.

The UI is instead accessed via your web browser (i.e. 127.0.0.1:8888)

6 hours ago, SyncBackupUtility said:

@Helen - actually, /MINIMIZED was exactly what I was looking for! That option doesn't come up when I run "btsync.exe /help", I didn't know it existed. Works perfectly now - thanks! And thanks to everyone else who offered their help!

The /help command line switch isn't applicable on Windows. For a list of command line switches for Sync on windows, please see this article in the Sync Help Center