iOS photo backup not syncing

frixhax

Hi!

I activated iOS photo backup und my iPhone 6S with iOS 9.2 (now 9.3) to sync my camera roll to my Mac. What works is that it incrementally adds my new photos to the Mac sync folder, but it does not remove the ones from my Mac that I deleted from the camera roll on my iPhone, i.e., sync is not working. What to do? 

Well, that's a shame. Hopefully it will be added in the future, otherwise it is totally useless. It doesn't help if you keep a clean photo library on your phone and your backup is cluttered with photos you don't need anymore. Since you cannot keep the camera roll synced with a normal BTSync folder the backup function seems to be the only way and as such does not sync at all. 

frixhax, if you had an android you would be able to create a folder from the phone and share it with read-write permissions with PC. When peers have read-write permissions deleted files are deleted from all peers. On iOS there are many limitations and you cannot manually access all your files and see folder structure. So as workaround you can create a folder and manually upload remain photos from camera roll or upload to Sync photos edited in another apps.

But we'll consider your suggestion about read-write permissions for camera roll backup.