[Solved] Sync brings back ghost folders?

chuck4100

So I have had an occurrence. I've had long deleted folders being recreated with no files in them. I believe I confirmed this is Sync as I just put it on a new system and I am getting these folders that have been deleted for 8+ months showing up that do not exist on either of my other 2 systems.

These folders are not on either old system nor are they in the "/.sync/archive/". They do not exist anywhere I can see yet they are being recreated. 

What can I do to stop this? Should I be concerned that my files/folders are being stored somewhere I do not control?

I saw this semi-similar post but I don't feel it is the same.

To specify my setup, I have sync on my Win10 PC to backup an entire drive (controlled by ignore list) to my Win2012 PC and just added a NAS. When I added the NAS, a ton of empty folders were created on the new NAS that do not exist on either PC (but did months ago) including locations that are in the ignore list that have never been synced.

Setup:

• - Win10 R/W (Master)
  • - Win2012 R/O
  • - NAS R/O

chuck4100,

your folders are not stored anywhere out of your control. 

most likely it's that PC's identity still have these folders in settings, marked as disconnected, and when you linked NAS to your identity, they propagated there. Did they appear in Sync uI on NAS? What Sync version you use? Did you link NAS to PC's or just shared the folders? 

they are subfolders of subfolders of the 'sync share'

The logs have far too much sensitive information to share as I am syncing my entire storage drive but I noticed that the empty folders I mention are in the logs and it has all the files that used to be in them marked for removal. This is the logs on the NAS that has never had the files on them before in folder that has never been synced.

syncnas1.jpg

syncpc1.jpg

BTSync example.jpg

BTSync example log.jpg

• 2 weeks later...