[Solved] Synology DSM 6.0.2-8451

15 minutes ago, MarkG said:

I can confirm that. Just install the update ;)

You mean update of DSM, right? Or is there some update for BitTorrent, too? I am running the following versions and they seem not to be compatible:

Synology : DSM 6.0.2-8451
BitTorrent Sync : 2.3.8-1 

I also tried to reinstall the package manually, but it didn´t help. I am still getting the same message "Failed to run the package service". 

Any suggestion how to fix it, please?

Thanks,
Martin

Image 1.png

I just found a solution to this issue - after the update of DSM to version 6.0.2-8451, the "admin" account was disabled what caused BitTorrent Sync unable to run. 

Solution: Open Control Panel -> Users -> Double-click on "admin" -> Uncheck "Disable this account" -> Go back to package center and activate the BitTorrent Sync -> now it should work :)

• 3 months later...
On 2016/8/24 at 0:54 AM, Martin (Synology) said:

I just found a solution to this issue - after the update of DSM to version 6.0.2-8451, the "admin" account was disabled what caused BitTorrent Sync unable to run. 

Solution: Open Control Panel -> Users -> Double-click on "admin" -> Uncheck "Disable this account" -> Go back to package center and activate the BitTorrent Sync -> now it should work :)

Thank you, solved my problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I get the exact same message (failed to run the package service) after upgrading my synology ds215j to dsm 6 and trying to start sync.

But the admin account is not disabled.

I even tried disabling and re-enabling the admin account to see if that helped. But that unfortunately made no difference. There is nothing in the log file (not even in the sync.log file in /usr/local/resiliosync/var (through SSH)

My version of synology is DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9

my version of resilio sync is 2.4.4-1

Any help is much appreciated!!

@fall,

try reinstalling. If that does not help, run the command, when ssh-ed, 
/usr/local/resiliosync/bin/rslsync --config /usr/local/resiliosync/var/sync.conf --nodaemon 

and see what output you get. 
See if in /usr/local/resiliosync/var you have any dmp files. What you actually have there in this directory?