? re: 2.4 Feature of Scheduled Syncs

BensTech

Resilio is pushing 2.4 on upgrades, but I can't find info on new features (not on announcement page, email, or even under Features) especially the new Scheduled Syncs functionality. I'm trying to determine if the scheduled sync PER folder or per sync instance? For example., I have a large sync folder that has ISOs, and I only need to sync them once a day at night and the rest 24x7.

From another poster's 2.4 RC change log.

Thanks.

• Implemented sync schedule (Pro users only)

Hello!

I have a question about how this scheduler works CPU wise. I don't have pro but you have a reasonably priced promotion at the moment and I like the idea of scheduled sync. But what I want to know is if this function affects CPU load. Will Sync still be active, monitoring changes, scanning folders etc or will all that activity happen exclusively during scheduled sync time?

10 hours ago, mertzi said:

Hello!

I have a question about how this scheduler works CPU wise. I don't have pro but you have a reasonably priced promotion at the moment and I like the idea of scheduled sync. But what I want to know is if this function affects CPU load. Will Sync still be active, monitoring changes, scanning folders etc or will all that activity happen exclusively during scheduled sync time?

Hello,

There is just synchronization speed limitation during scheduled sync time. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎21‎-‎9‎-‎2016 at 1:00 AM, GreatMarko said:
On ‎21‎-‎9‎-‎2016 at 1:00 AM, GreatMarko said:

The new Sync Scheduling features of 2.4 apply "globally" that is, they affect all folders within that particular instance of Sync - they are not "per folder" settings.

More information on the Sync Scheduler may be found here: https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/210783266

The new Sync Scheduling features of 2.4 apply "globally" that is, they affect all folders within that particular instance of Sync - they are not "per folder" settings.

More information on the Sync Scheduler may be found here: https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/210783266

How to best request this for future versions? Because I like the limitation, but the fact that it applies globally really bugs me.