Bittorent Sync -> Resilio Sync, iOS Camera Backup behavior change

uhhwut

I just downloaded the latest Resilio Sync 2.4.3 app for iOS and configured photo backup again. With the previous Bittorrent Sync 2.3.x iOS app, when "Camera Backup" was enabled, it dumped all files into a single folder on the linked server. Now with the Resilio Sync app, instead of all IMG_*.* getting dumped into the same single directory, it's recreating the 100APPLE, 101APPLE, etc. DCIM folder structure (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_rule_for_Camera_File_system) that you typically find on a CF card when you plug it into a computer, which is a pain to deal with.

I much preferred the old method where all files and movies were dumped into the single directory.

Does anyone understand the change in behavior (and how to revert it)?

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed the DCIM folder structure is really annoying.

While we are on Folders subject: why do they keep changing the name and location of the default Photo Backup folder? I have been using Sync for a while and my pictures are now spread through at least 3 folders, not to mention the new 100APPLE, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Dropbox camera upload and that works just great. It uploads in background when ever I'm in WiFi. All the images are uploaded to a single folder and renamed by creation date (EXIF) year-month-day_hour-minute-second.

That is so great, but I'd like to loose Dropbox and use Sync for that also. I'm slowly changing everything from Dropbox to NAS backup. This is the last thing that keeps me still using Dropbox.