How to delete Files names which are too long for Windows

maccra

Hello,

I am running Resilio Sync 2.4.4 on Windows Server 2012 Datacentre edition, where I have some encrypted folders. For one of the folders I have decided to disconnect it and now I am left with all the encrypted files on the Server which I want to delete.

I have exceyted the delete in windowsm however for some files, I am getting the error that the file name is too long and can not be delete, and that I should rename the file or move the file too a shorter path.

Unfortunately, for reasons I do not know, I am not able to rename the file or move it to a shorter path. Since Resilio Sync created these files, how do I now delete these files  from the server.

Also for review by Resilio Sync, is why does Resilio sync create files/paths which are too long for Windows to manage!

Thanks for any advice how to delete the files.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/12/2017 at 11:03 PM, maccra said:

Hello,

I am running Resilio Sync 2.4.4 on Windows Server 2012 Datacentre edition, where I have some encrypted folders. For one of the folders I have decided to disconnect it and now I am left with all the encrypted files on the Server which I want to delete.

I have exceyted the delete in windowsm however for some files, I am getting the error that the file name is too long and can not be delete, and that I should rename the file or move the file too a shorter path.

Unfortunately, for reasons I do not know, I am not able to rename the file or move it to a shorter path. Since Resilio Sync created these files, how do I now delete these files  from the server.

Also for review by Resilio Sync, is why does Resilio sync create files/paths which are too long for Windows to manage!

Thanks for any advice how to delete the files.

Exactly, I came to face this issue also. Then some recommended me Long Path Tool software and I am grateful to that person