iOS sync

Boatguy

I have several folders on my Mac that I want synced to iOS devices.  The first time I set the folder to sync, it works fine.  Subsequently when I open Sync, it will list files, but not have synced them to my iPad.  On the Mac side, it reports that's it's synced.

1)  If I click on an individual file, it will transfer/sync that file.  The problem is that it doesn't automatically sync the whole folder, even though the folder is "synced".  If I Clear the folder, then Sync it, then it syncs them all, but it's had to download all files again.

2) The opposite problem is that files that were deleted on the Mac, still show up on the iPad, but say "not available".  What setting is needed to make them disappear when deleted on either device?

Thanks!

1)  Here is the folder structure:

A on the Mac has Selective Sync OFF and is shared.

B is contained within A.

A on the iPad has Selective Sync ON.  B on the iPad has no options for Selective Sync,

I guess you're telling me that it inherits OFF from the iPad parent?  So folder B would have to be shared separately and then set to Selective Sync OFF on the iPad?

2)  The Permissions on both platforms are Owner for all folders.

First, not obvious to find the Sync button.  I eventually discovered that pressing and holding on "B" would bring up the select circle and then the Sync at the bottom of the window.

Second, while this is better than manually syncing each file, it's still manual.  That said, deletes did sync automatically.

I believe the behavior is such that if I want a sub-folder to Sync and not Selective Sync, I have to share it separately.

The old deleted files cleared out and I'm unable to reproduce it at this time.  If it recurs, I'll tun on debug and capture the log.

Thank you for the help!