HELP! How to revert from sync.conf to before and get syncing again???

Hans

Hi everyone, I have been using Resilio Sync for quite some time now and everything worked just fine until last week when I saw there was no syncing, no peer connection. Maybe a Windows 10 Pro update caused it, maybe the router, maybe the NAS, maybe the antivirus-firewall, I don't know, not yet anyway. I am using R Sync on an Asustor NAS (apk v2.4.4.) and on several computers (v2.5.10, now updated to 2.5.12). I only have local syncing so I have so far stayed away from relay and tracker servers. However, and this is where I definitely made a mistake, last week, becoming increasingly frustrated with all of this, in order to solve the problems, I downloaded a sample/default sync.conf and double-clicked it. It has not made things any better :-). 

The two pictures show (1) the NAS RSync setting where (in Dutch) it says that connection settings have been overwritten by config. Port is 5556 and on another tab yet another port. The second picture (2) shows a setting on one of my computers (listening port is 8888). 

FYI: I have ssh-ed into the NAS and I can only find json files referring to config and yes, also includes a port setting. On the computer more or less the same things. I haven't got a clue whether all those ports should be the same and where to start. Also, I should mention that, when ticking the tracker server, syncing does work. The thing is that everyting for me is local so I would like to stay on the LAN.

So, let me get to my question, and I would appreciate your help a lot!:

Without reinstalling Resilio Sync on NAS and computers, can I go back from the current situation, delete/change the settings that this default sync.conf has changed? If yes, how?  If no, what can I do to fix this problem? 

If you need any additional information, just let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards
Hans

Resilio-Hans-01.jpg

Resilio-Hans-02.jpg

First, note that this setting refers to WebUI listening port - the port at which you open WebUI in your browser. it it no way refers to connection to other peers and does not affect it. 

If your peers do not connect to each other, you might want to see this guide to troubleshoot. And as you say - enabling tracker works for you. In LAN Sync uses broadcast packets to discover other peers, so recheck your router settings to allow these.