Files delete from PC didn't delete on phone's SD card

shai

I previously had something similar to this issue .. but now it's a bit different.

I created a folder and chose my SD card and when prompted, provided resilio sync with the permissions to the SD card.

Sync was completed and then I deleted all the files in the PC sync folder and expected the files to be deleted from the SD on the phone, they didn't get deleted.

I looked at the sync history, and saw both the initial sync followed by the "Removed file XXX" and at the end "Finished syncing with XXX".

So I'm baffled as to why the files are still in the Camera folder on the SD card.

Thanks for getting back to me!

4 minutes ago, Gane O'dwyer said:

What is the app version on Android

The app version on the Android is 2.6.1 (I do updates automatically, so I expect this to be the latest).

the folder permissions of that folder on the desktop side?

I'm unsure what you want to know, but I can both say that this was just a new folder I created on my Windows 10 OS inside one of my hard drives and I can attach a screen capture of the permissions window (see attached).

I am100% sure that it is a custom backup folder created on the Android and added with read only permissions on the desktop side.

It is indeed a folder I used by clicking the "Create folder" but it had "Read & Write" selected and that's the share I used with the desktop PC when I added it to the app there. Let me remind you that the problem I'm having is that the files don't get deleted on the Android SD card, but they do not exist in the Sync app folder and they do register as being removed when I look at the log.

Anyway need to know all details.

Please, tell me what else I can provide your with so you can better assist me. I just don't know what you need ...

Thank you so much for your help!

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 17.28.38.png

22 hours ago, shai said:

files don't get deleted on the Android SD card, but they do not exist in the Sync app folder and they do register as being removed when I look at the log.

what file manager you use to check that files aren't removed from SD card? Once they're removed from Sync UI, then Sync processed removal and these shall be removed from device. Don't get me wrong, but are you use you check the correct path on SD card - same as Sync share points to in its preferences?