Custom Sync Trackers

jimger

Hi I used sync from syncing some files from my home network to my laptop computer at work. Probably company proxy now closed many connections etc. Sync client can be upgraded but it can't find trackers. Is there any way to create a tracker from my home and add it at corporate's sync client?

I have sync Pro both home and family

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I suspect they'll advise us to use the predefined host option. I think they reserved the custom tracker server feature to enterprise users (Resilio Connect).

I'm not sure how much of the original torrent code base or protocol they have changed, but a possible idea that may work (I haven't found the time to try yet) is to host a normal torrent tracker or something and then edit the hosts file of your computer to point the tracker that Resilio sync uses to your tracker?

To the moderators, I apologise in advance if this is against some terms and conditions of this forum, I'll edit this message if it is. ;/

It'll be nice if they can offer the custom tracker server option to the personal advanced/pro version, it's not like we don't want to pay for it...

Another option that may be more viable is to setup some sort of VPN that isn't blocked, or use OpenVPN through an unblocked port on your corporate's firewall.