Upgrading From Win 7 to Win 10

Hello all,

Am using Resilio 2.6.3

Syncing data from 1 x win 7 x64 to 1 x win 7 x64 across the internet.  Both Source and Destination machines have a 2TB disk for data syncing (No OS installed on these drives).  Sync is set to one way.  Only Source can change Destinations data.  The root of both Source and Destination drives only has 1 folder called "Data" and is shared within windows with the name "SharedData"

I am now wanting to upgrade to Win 10.  This means moving the 2Tb Data drive to a whole new machine.  I am planning on doing this for both the source and target PC.

On the new Win 10 box, is it possible that I install the resilio software as normal and recover/copy the settings/config from the old win 7 box to this installation so I do not have to reysnc all again?  The data drives I believe will be ok as I am not changing anything on those.  I'll make sure I assign the same drive letter etc.  Where would these settings/config files be?

Or have I got it completely wrong?  Any other "gotchas"?

Thanks and cheers in advance.

Edited by FlashPan

I wouldn't try and copy over settings, I'd just re-set up the link. It'll scan both sides, determine they are in sync and then be happy. It won't retransmit everything again.  If you had tons of shares, that might be worth it, but for 1? Just recreate the sync on the two new machines.

Thanks,

Coincidentally I did try this with moving one of the drives (destination PC) and reattaching to the original source machine..  Yes, for the most part they only did resync (quite a few hours, which I was surprised about that time) but some data did retransfer.  Not sure why that occurred as beforehand resilio was happy and from what I could see all was sync'd 100%.