Latest Desktop Build 2.6.3

Helen

Dear community,

Sync 2.6.3.1340 release is now available. It's available via "Check now" (manual update) and by direct download links below or from resilio.com site. It was not pushed to autoupdate.

Direct Download Links:

Here are what's new and change log.

Updating issues are resolved now in 2.6.2/2.6.3. Before, updating from "Check now" was like pulling teeth with failed updates and stupid error messages.

Was just smooth on 3/3 of machines upgrading from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3 on Windows.  Much appreciated, this was a sore spot for me.

• 3 weeks later...

uh-oh, I've always used sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get install --only upgrade resilio-sync. I'm just linux beginner, and these commands have always got me that latest version. 

Presumably from the comments above I have to now download then install manually ..... arghhh. 

Do you have a tutorial on how I might do this .... do I just download my architecture (armhf) and then put in a directory somewhere? 

Cheers, Geoff. 

P.S. I have one bug that an update will fix, but I can live with it until you sort apt-get updates .... is there any prospect of this happening soon? 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else been experiencing momentary system hangs during large syncs? Starting in either 2.6.2 or 2.6.3 (I think the later), I've been experiencing system hangs where I can move the mouse but not click, and the desktop really doesn't refresh.  I've managed to leave Task Manager open during one of these times and I can see "System Interrupts" is pegging the CPU.

This either means my network driver changed recently (maybe when Windows went to 1809?) and isn't effectively using the proper driver and hardware (it's a 10GBe Nic connected to another 10GBe nic via 10GBe switch), or it means that Sync isn't efficiently sending data out the nic. Shortly after upgrading to 2.6.3, I noticed my sync speeds were higher than before, peaking at 1.6Gbps. Today, the system hangs have been the worst noticeable and speeds peaking at around 900Mbps.

I know from dealing with embedded devices that dealing with high rate network transmissions is tricky balancing servicing the incoming/outgoing ethernet packet buffers and dealing with system interrupts and the polling vs interrupts...  I'm using Intel 10GBe nics, so I'm expecting less CPU and more hardware offloading than the typical Realtek nic.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 1:33 AM, Andy+ said:

I have about 50 directories and about 2 terabytes in motion. I have none of that. I have problems with freezing on the Android system on all my smartphones, where I sync some directories.

Desktop itself is being flaky and Android I can't even recommend. They definitely need to get something out 🙁

• 2 weeks later...

I think that is complaining at a high level. Occasionally I have various problems on Android and Syncthing has become better for me in terms of operational safety. But the Synology and Windows installations basically work very well. On average, in any case, still slightly better compared to Syncthing. However, I have to say that the current Syncthing version, now v1.3.0, actually hardly worse runs, rather just something different good. Because of various connection problems in ristriktiven environments I have mixed installations in use, where then both runs, Resilio and Syncthing. With the appropriate ignore filter, both tools also access the same directories. This works and both tools show the same status to a directory. I'm basically very happy with Resilio, but now also with Syncthing.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:15 AM, Helen said:

Sync 2.6.3.1340 release is now available. It's available via "Check now" (manual update) and by direct download links below or from resilio.com site. It was not pushed to autoupdate.

I don't understand why you wouldn't make it 2.6.4 since the 1340 isn't shown in the app build numbers (neither `CFBundleShortVersionString` nor `CFBundleVersion`)

The FreeBSD x64 build of this version cannot write large files. I am trying to sync 50 GiB files.

Reverting to 2.6.1 solved the problem for me. This can also be found as a solution for many experiencing the problem in FreeBSD jails, via the FreeNAS forums.

Is there any plan to fix this? It's been 8 months...

On 9/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, yottabit said:

The FreeBSD x64 build of this version cannot write large files. I am trying to sync 50 GiB files.

Reverting to 2.6.1 solved the problem for me. This can also be found as a solution for many experiencing the problem in FreeBSD jails, via the FreeNAS forums.

Is there any plan to fix this? It's been 8 months...

will be fixed in next release.

please install the following build:

http://internal.resilio.com/support/debug/sync/2.6.10056/resilio-sync_freebsd_x64.tar.gz

it will fix the issue

• 2 months later...

With updates I´m expecting optimized software. Every day I read something about issues are depending on bugs and others, are normal in software packages. Today I read about the "Pause" issue, is in reality no "Pause" and could be horrible. If that is a bug, for me is it, this could be solved in the next update.

• Helen unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
20 hours ago, Andy+ said:

For such cases a FTP Server would be good.

Amen... would make things heaps easier for me...  for now - I'd rather keep running 2.6 series on all my devices...  because for now my NAS (FreeNAS) seems to be "locked" at 2.6.3 - instead of having to "reformat" those URL's for each platform, and hoping to get the filename right - being able to FTP / HTTP browse the files would make it SO MUCH easier!