Mixed sync, delete file issue

umputun

Wondering when we will see build 125 "officially" released and auto-updated... I don't want to upgrade until I know it isn't just a test build to see if a problem was fixed but hasn't had a lot of scrutiny otherwise... would also feel more comfortable reading changelog before upgrading. Don't want to update one computer ahead of others if it may break their peering due to, e.g., protocol change.

Wondering when we will see build 125 "officially" released and auto-updated... I don't want to upgrade until I know it isn't just a test build to see if a problem was fixed but hasn't had a lot of scrutiny otherwise... would also feel more comfortable reading changelog before upgrading. Don't want to update one computer ahead of others if it may break their peering due to, e.g., protocol change.

I just don't want to update until it's automatically updated, since, I want to see if the automatic update works.

installed today officially announced 1.0.130

It has a promising item for me "Changed local date mechanism to avoid sync conflicts". It's hard to say if this release fixed creation of wrongly-touched files, but for sure it didn't solve the issue with such files created before.

Right now I have 3 files with timestamp around Apr 2014 in btsync directory and I don't see any way to get rid of those files or edit. This is what I have tried so far (all my fill-access boxes on 1.0.130, read-only - no clue)

1. Just delete or edit at the time of btsync running - reverted to 2014 version

2. stop btsync on all full-access computer and delete on every computer. As I start btsync it reverted to those 2014 files

3. Set computer clock to 2015 and try to delete/edit - reverted again :(

So, I need solution for this situation or at least workaround. Any bright ideas?

...It's hard to say if this release fixed creation of wrongly-touched files, but for sure it didn't solve the issue with such files created before.

According to this post, "Previous build could save incorrect information in cache. Re-adding folder will rebuild cache" ...so, have you tried removing the folders from BitTorrent Sync, and then re-adding them again?

so, have you tried removing the folders from BitTorrent Sync, and then re-adding them again?

Thx for idea. Unfortunately this can be too destructive in my case, because I have hundreds read-only clients. Probably I can assign the same secret, but I'm afraid removing/adding will cause redownloading of all files (20-30G). I'll try to experiment with this locally and if my fear not confirmed - will follow this route.

Unfortunately re-adding folder will not help here. It should be fixed when all clients are updated to 1.0.130. We are planning to enable auto-update in a day or two.

If you need it sooner, you may try the following workaround (but please test it locally first):

1. Install 1.0.116 (1.0.130 will not allow such trick), preferably on Mac or Linux - since initially your issue was caused by bug in Windows version.

2. Sync it with your folder with full access secret

3. Shutdown Sync and disconnect computer from network

4. Set time to 2015

5. Run Sync and remove selected files, make sure Sync sees that files are removed (files counter in UI)

6. Shutdown Sync and return time back

7. Connect network and start Sync again

1. Install 1.0.116 (1.0.130 will not allow such trick), preferably on Mac or Linux - since initially your issue was caused by bug in Windows version.

2. Sync it with your folder with full access secret

3. Shutdown Sync and disconnect computer from network

4. Set time to 2015

5. Run Sync and remove selected files, make sure Sync sees that files are removed (files counter in UI)

6. Shutdown Sync and return time back

7. Connect network and start Sync again

and probably - 8. restore 1.0.130

Thx for this workaround, tested locally and worked globally just fine. It has one not-so-clear consequence - directory was deleted with all bad files as I wanted, but I can't recreate the same directory anymore because it get reverted to deleted state every time. Not a big deal for me, but something to keep in mind.

thx again