Very slow sync speed

Jx7

Hi,

Here's my setup:

BTSync is installed on my Synology NAS 1812+ and on a Linux. Sync is done aver Internet.

I use BTSync to get files from the Linux machine to my NAS so I use the read-only key.

My Internet speed connection is about 600kB/s and I usually see this speed in BTSyncbut since yesterday I can only see 30~40kB/s ! This is very very slow...

I tried to download by FTP the files that are syncing and it was a normal speed (~600kB/s).

I tried to restart BTSyncon the two sides but still the same...

I've just installed BTSync, while I love the idea I'm having a bit of a speed issue.

I don't know what to do, any help is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing similar behaviour, but with big files....

I have a raspberry pi syncing movies from my Synology NAS... The NAS recognizes that there's 391.3 GB in 1559 files, but the sync has been going for over 24 hours now and the pi still only has 48.3 GB in 56 files synced.

Is this possibly because of the fairly low CPU specs on both ends?

EDIT: just to clarify, both boxes are on the same LAN with gigabit connectivity.

I'm seeing similar behaviour, but with big files....

I have a raspberry pi syncing movies from my Synology NAS... The NAS recognizes that there's 391.3 GB in 1559 files, but the sync has been going for over 24 hours now and the pi still only has 48.3 GB in 56 files synced.

Is this possibly because of the fairly low CPU specs on both ends?

EDIT: just to clarify, both boxes are on the same LAN with gigabit connectivity.

Pi is 100mbit.

Not a bottleneck here, just being precise :)

Watch htop on each one and C&P your results.

Are your other devices syncing between themselves as well?

They should be, but if they haven't started to do that for whatever weird reason, it might explain it..

Nevermind, misunderstood how you phrased that.

So the Windows boxes have a full sync, but the Pi is outstanding?

So the Windows boxes have a full sync, but the Pi is outstanding?

Correct.

The Synology and the W7 machine are fully sync'ed, both are syncing to the Pi, but extremely slowly... It's now at 84.6 GB in 183 files, so since I posted that means only ~36gb in ~17 hours.