[Bug] Caps; Sync From Windows Pc To A Linux Based Device.


Recommended Posts

Today I installed BT Sync on our company NAS, a Synology DS214+. Everything works fine, but I noticed a strange thing when browsing the files on the NAS.


The NAS is the 'host' of a folder; say btsync/, and a Windows PC is connected using the Windows application for Sync. On the PC we added a folder; say Subdir/ to btsync/. When we changed the name of Subdir/ to subdir/ (note the uppercase S), on the NAS both exist.


So when you change the name of a folder, but only uppercase/lowercase, it makes both folders to exist on the NAS, which is a Linux device.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



BTSync does it best to detect file renaming, but it is not always possible, especially when you just change the case of some symbols on file systems that are not case-sensitive. For Windows that would be the same name, and for Linux it is 2 different names.


It is a known issue and I would advise avoid renamings with just changing symbols case. We are working to fix this issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.