Multi-Device Sync - Which Is Master?

tanwp

I new the BT sync and plan to sync across multple devices (laptops, NAS, etc).  I have read that this can be done.  However, it does not indicate which is the Master Device?  Is it the device which is first folder with the secret created?  What happens to the rest of the devices when I remove the folder from sync in the initial folder with the secret created?

The "master" device is whichever of your devices has a full access secret. Any device with a full-access secret that gets a folder deleted on it will cause that folder to get deleted on other devices.

Hi Harold,

A folder is sync to 3 devices and I decided to remove one of the device from sync.  How can I do this without affecting the 2 remaining devices?

Hi Harold,

A folder is sync to 3 devices and I decided to remove one of the device from sync.  How can I do this without affecting the 2 remaining devices?

This is done by removing the folder from the sync using the GUI (there is a "Remove button" under the folders tab.) That doesn't delete the files, it just stops sharing and receiving changes for that folder; the files can then be deleted safely and none of the other devices will be affected.

• 2 months later...

This is done by removing the folder from the sync using the GUI (there is a "Remove button" under the folders tab.) That doesn't delete the files, it just stops sharing and receiving changes for that folder; the files can then be deleted safely and none of the other devices will be affected.

Would someone please show me just where to find this "Remove" button under a folders tab? I have one folder that is being synced across 3 devices and I would like to remove one of the devices from this sync.

I simply cannot find any place where there is a "Remove" button. I am running BTSync on two synology NAS units and on several desktops. All versions are current.

Thanks for help - this is driving me nutty!!