Newer Files Overwritten By Older Files - Btsync 1.3.94

• 3 weeks later...

@all,

If anyone with stable issue reproduction wants to help us to debug this nasty issue - please send me PM / just acknowledge in this topic. We'll supply with debugging builds and instructions.

@mariano

As you are already helping us - no need to post for you here. We really appreciate your help!

@all - the issue with older files replacing newer files in some cases has been addressed in today's 1.4.103 build.

If you've been experiencing this issue, please update and see if this resolves this for you!

This is great news! I hope, that the reason why was newer files overwriten is known.

Would it be possible to release patch for this bug for "old" version of BTSync client 1.3.109 ?

Thus for last usable version in production. Existing 1.4.x version is not usable in meantime.

Thank you, anyway.

Would it be possible to release patch for this bug for "old" version of BTSync client 1.3.109 ?

Thus for last usable version in production. Existing 1.4.x version is not usable in meantime.

Nope - 1.3.x is no longer maintained.

Why do you feel that 1.4.x is "not usable in the meantime"? If you're suffering from the "newer files overwritten by older files" issue, as per the theme of this thread, the latest 1.4 build (1.4.103) should address this.

This is great news! I hope, that the reason why was newer files overwriten is known.

Thank you, anyway.

Nope - 1.3.x is no longer maintained.

Why do you feel that 1.4.x is "not usable in the meantime"? If you're suffering from the "newer files overwritten by older files" issue, as per the theme of this thread, the latest 1.4 build (1.4.103) should address this.

At least is not tested, and as you know, version 1.4 still have many reported bugs outside this one. (listening port, predefined hosts, UPnP port mapping, many reported UI problems...)

I think that there is many lucky users that did not update their environments to 1.4 and for all of them this patch should be extremely helpful, because this issue was one from the essential one.

At least is not tested, and as you know, version 1.4 still have many reported bugs outside this one. (listening port, predefined hosts, UPnP port mapping, many reported UI problems...)

I think that there is many lucky users that did not update their environments to 1.4 and for all of them this patch should be extremely helpful, because this issue was one from the essential one.

Many of the "bugs" you list HAVE since been fixed!! - For example, the "listening port" bug was resolved for 1.4.93

@kratochviljan

The fix is important indeed and bug was affecting both 1.3 and 1.4. Unfortunately, we cannot longer support 1.3 so my advise would be - upgrade to 1.4.

1.4 has a number of fixes since release covering issues discovered in both 1.3 and 1.4 and shows much better stability than after release. Also, we continue to work on issues reported by customers to make 1.4 even more stable.