.syncignore Issues With Bittorrent Sync 1.3.106

j_s

I have AppData folder in the SyncIngore list on all PC's (I've tried variations \AppData\*, AppData\, AppData, etc.) but it seems BT Sync still Sync Queues this folder. It shouldn't even bother looking in this folder - esp from the PC that has this folder (which has the ignore).

As Shown here:

i53208sync-ignore-faile231.png

Shouldn't it just ignore the AppData folder on the remote PC (its in the SyncIngore file on that PC)? 

Edited by j_s

@j_s

Are the files just queued or queued AND downloaded? I guess they are only queued and never downloaded. If this is the case - you need to re-add folder. Main trick here is to make sure .syncignore file already exists on the folder when you add it so the ignored folders will never get to the database.

If this is not the case - I'll need debug logs.

j_s,

Roman means that the edited syncignore should be already present in the folder for BitTorrent Sync to catch up the ignored files and not index and sync them: add a folder to Sync so that a fresh SyncIgnore is generated, edit SyncIgnore as you need, delete the folder from BitTorrent Sync (edited SyncIgnore will remain), and add the folder back to BitTorrent Sync so that it could index the files taking into account the ignore list. 

So, for you readding the folder with already edited syncignore will be a solution, yes. 

yes, but it makes no difference.

Here is the setup:

Remote PC (data mainly used/changed/updated and .syncignore file doesn't seem to ignore the files on this PC) <-> NAS (backup, has same .syncignore file) <-> 2nd remote/local PC (minimal/little updates, it has same .syncignore file and not suppose to have Remote PC ignore files/folder)

I have it running as a service for only 1 user on the Remote PC (BTSync config/cache files are located in the c:\Program Files\BTSync\ folder and read/writeable by BTsync all ok), and I have the 2nd remote/local PC running the app as normal (atm) in the icon tray (BTSync config/cache files are located in the C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync\ folder)

The original screen-shot is from the 2nd remote/local PC. I've re-synced (removed/re-added, re-edited the .syncignore file) on all devices, with no luck, the 2nd remote/local PC still has that list of ignored files/folders from the Remote PC. Imo, those files shouldn't even exist in any BTSync client (or even be checked for anything) since they're suppose to be total ignored from the source (ie Remote PC) to start with. I can't tell what's happening with the NAS, its GUI info is too limited (it may have NAS speed implications).

As you can tell, I don't want the AppData folder shared amongst PC's since both PC's have different Apps installed on them, so I'm just syncing the data files (favs, documents, pics, vids, contacts, music, etc..), but using 1 share only, in conjunction with the .syncignore features.

The 2nd remote/local PC logs are being hammered with the following, repeatedly for all the AppData files:

[2014-07-23 **:**:**] SyncFilesController: failed to load torrent for file "\\?\E:\BACKUP\****\Julie\AppData\Local\******\*********"
[2014-07-23 **:**:**] TorrentFile: Failed to create empty suffix for file "\\?\E:\BACKUP\****\Julie\AppData\Local\******\*********"" - 3

I'll see if I can get any Remote PC logs soon, since it seems to be coming from that PC and not the NAS (there are no NAS queue'd files showing on the the 2nd remote/local PC, it only shows the first Remote PC has the queue).

j_s,

yes, but it makes no difference.

One thing: when you were re-adding the folders, was AppData already present on 2nd remote PC? 

Is AppData only causing the problem, or other ignored subfolders also appear on the sync queue and on the destination PC? 

Please, send full debug logs (as Roman suggested) to syncapp@bittorrent.com with reference to this topic. Thanks. 

The AppData folder was only present on the 1st (source) Remote PC, not the 2nd remote/local PC nor the NAS.

I sent the logs to the email address for the Remote PC.

I decided to re-install BTSync & generate new keys on the remote PC that was causing the issue, and re-permission the BTSync folder to allow it to be run as a service (re-permissioned it before to allow this, otherwise it uses the /user/appdata/roaming/ folder to store its data, which is useless for a non-login service), and now it seems to be working ok so far except there is only 1 (legit) file left to sync showing on the 2nd remote PC AND the NAS, yet on the 1st remote PC it all completed!

I also found a backup .syncignore file on the remote PC - I presume it was from a BTSync update but was identical to the .syncignore file since I already edited/updated it again.

There seems to be some kind of failure when a file sync fails - the re-requesting devices (target devices) show 1 file remains to sync, yet the source device shows all sync's are completed. Possibly occurs when a connection drops from the source PC - while re-setting up the remote PC its connection dropped a few times (probably ISP related), however BTSync on the remote PC (source PC) assumed the sync succeeded on that PC, but clearly not since the NAS and 2nd remote PC still say there's more to sync. Folder re-scan 600 (10mins?) seems to do nothing to correct this.