Disable Or Limit Archiving On Linux

djbacon

Hello!

I use btsync on ubuntu machines and now .sync/Archive folder ir even bigger than rest of sync folder. Is it possible to disable archiving or at least somehow limiting size of it. I found how to do that in windows client, but i have only one windows machine the rest of them are linux.

Is it ok if i just delete this folder?

Please help.

To turn off:

To "turn off" archiving on a per folder basis, you'd need to set "use_sync_trash" to "false" in your config file for each folder you wish to disable it for.

To disable it globally, you'd set "folder_defaults.delete_to_trash" to "false".

To limit:

Alternatively, to limit the length of time (number of days) files are kept in the archive, change the value of "sync_trash_ttl" (the default is 30 days)

You could also try changing the value of "max_file_size_for_versioning" - by default this "1000" (Mb), which means that files bigger are not stored in .sync/Archive.

Thank you for the answer. You mentioned "you'd set "folder_defaults.delete_to_trash" to "false".". Where exactly do i do that. I .sync folder i do not see any files i could edit. settings.dat is hex file it appears, cause i get bunch of unrecognisable symbols if i open it with text editor.

Do i create new file with this setting?

In web gui i do not see where i coudl set additional settings.

Thank you for the answer. You mentioned "you'd set "folder_defaults.delete_to_trash" to "false".". Where exactly do i do that. I .sync folder i do not see any files i could edit. settings.dat is hex file it appears, cause i get bunch of unrecognisable symbols if i open it with text editor.

Do i create new file with this setting?

In web gui i do not see where i coudl set additional settings.

The Web UI does not support editing advanced configuration parameters. You can use btsync-gui for that. There are Debian and Arch packages available. If you are using other linux distributions, get it from Github and launch the GUI in client mode (remember that your btsync installation needs to be API-enabled).