Bug: Bittorrent Sync Will Not Synchronize A Move Correctly

Muhmahmie

Dear Bittorrent Sync team,

Your application on my computer seems to be working mostly fine, except for one very annoying bug:

I am running two linux machines (Antergos, on newest update), both are running bittorrent sync and syncing a folder with read/write access.

These two computers are, before this bug occurs, perfectly in sync. Both have the same files and folder structure.

Now, on one of the computers (called A), I have a directory (let's call it "root_dir") with a lot of files. In order to clean up this directory a bit, I wish to move (from the command line), about half of them to a new folder, called "archive_folder". So, I type: "mv <file1> <file2> ... archive_folder"

On computer A, where I have done the move, all the files are (of course) moved correctly.

On computer B, on the other hand, the following happens: The archive_folder is successfully created and synced, without my intervention. Also, the files I have moved into archive_folder in computer A now are synced into this folder successfully.

HOWEVER: The files in root_dir do not change on computer B (!). All the old files are still here, and have not been moved.

That means that I now have a large number of duplicates that I must manually delete again.

Even worse, when I turn both computers off and turn them on again, BitTorrent Sync seems to "forget" about the sync, and now syncs all the files from root_dir on B back to A, causing me duplicates on both machines.

I don't know if this is a bug or an intentional (bad) configuration, but all the settings are vanilla. I did not change any settings and am using the latest version of Bittorrent sync (1.4.103, x64). Please help, as this bug is really frustrating.