Can't Link To A Device Already Running Sync 2.0


ms2oo8

Recommended Posts

Title says it all.

I'm trying to link a device, so I copy the key from the first 2.0 device, go to my second device and click Link a Device already running Sync 2.0, click Link to a Desktop device manually, paste my key, and click link.

 

The message saying that connecting can take as long as 60 seconds, comes up, and stays up forever. The device never links successfully.

The only way I'm abe to get new devices connected eventually, is to create a new ID for each device, and then share a folder link from the original sync device, and eventually they connect.


as an aside, both devices are desktop computers in thsi case, both running Windows 7

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll check additional Q&A sessions but I'm having the same problem.  I have BitTorrent 2.0 installed on my NAS device connected to one router then connected to a cable modem trying to connect to my iPhone 5.  The iPhone times out when trying to scan or pasting the code into the iPhone system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Idem here : my laptop is running Ubuntu-14.10, upgraded Sync to 2.0.105 yesterday! I'm trying to link my Nexus 4 (Android 5.1 LMY47O) with Sync 2.0.85.0 by scanning the QR code, but it times out, one way or another : linking from the laptop = timeout, linking from the phone = timeout! I tried via WIFI on the same network, the data network on my phone, even tethering over wifi, NADA!

 

If I create an identity on the phone and try to share a folder from the laptop, the only thing I see via 'tcpdump' via WIFI is ARP request by the laptop, no response from the phone and the laptop list the peer as "Offline"...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I have installed the Linux version and the MAC version. I have paid for the PRO version and set it up on the MAC. I use the Linux web-gui and enter the device key and it spins on connect. I have even tried the DMZ approach and made sure I can directly SSH to my MAC from the Linux server, but still it just spins forever trying to connect. So basically it is unusable at this point.

 

I see there are lots of other unanswered posts on this issue. Do the devs read these forums or should I file a ticket?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

My Hard drive crashed last night, so when I installed the new hard drive, I obviously wanted to get all of my files on the new drive and start syncing again.  I tried for hours to get Sync 2.0 to link my "new device", but to no avail.

 

So, I swapped my entire synching infrastructure to SyncThing (https://syncthing.net/).  It works wonderfully.  It's what BTSync used to be.  Thanks Sync 2.0 for being so bad that I was motivated to find a better product.  The setup was simple, and it syncs to my Android phone way better than Sync ever did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for posting about these problems! I checked with our support team, and we are not aware of any Sync bugs that might be causing this issue. It might be a network connectivity issue - otherwise the identity files are not getting synced. We encourage you to submit a support request whenever this happens so we can determine if it's a Sync bug. Then, try restarting Sync on both devices, and using a different network if possible. 

Thanks,

Daniel Erwin

Sync Design Lead

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.