Manual Force Rescan?

KawateTadako

I have a networked shared folder setup with btsync. Real-time monitoring sync doesn't work with network share and it falls back to interval rescan of 600 seconds. Didn't want it to pull the HDD every 600s preventing it from sleeping so I set it for 36000seconds.

Is there a way to force a manual rescan for when I need it to sync after adding a file manually? 

A manual / force sync on a folder would be superb. I'm surprised this was not in place from day one. To me, it seems a real basic requirement.

I have a folder many sub-folders and files (images) inside synced to four other machines in different locations.  It would be so good to be able to choose a folder (or particular file/image) and select that item to sync now.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I would also like some way to manually rescan folders; perhaps some item in the status menu. For some reason, syncing doesn't always occur at scan intervals and I find a restart needed somewhat often.

Edited by argos

I have set that. One OS is macOS; the other Linux. On Linux I had set it thru the UI which may not take effect until a restart and then perhaps since it isn't in the conf file, it isn't saved. Just edited the .conf on Linux and I'll see. Despite that, it seems a restart behaves differently and maybe causes a rescan on remote machines. Either case, a menu item to initiate sync I think would be useful.

• 7 months later...

I've found a cheap and dirty way to force a recheck is to delete the shared folder and then Ctrl Z to undo the deletion. The deletion is a big enough change to force the program to rescan the whole folder. 

I was having issues with things like filename changes not being a big enough to change to trigger a rescan. This forces the program to resync the entire folder.