Latest Desktop Build 2.2.7

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.2.7 is now available. You can get it via direct links below, via official download page or via auto-update.

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

Latest Android build is now also available via direct link: 2.2.3 APK
Latest Raspberry Pi package is available via direct link: 2.2.2 DEB

Edited by RomanZ
Fixed link to changelog

Hi RomanZ,

It would be nice if you add a silent auto-update option in the future.

It would not be a good idea to just update a piece of software without the permission of the end user prior.

They push auto-update notification for new versions when they think a version is ready for that.

It would not be a good idea to just update a piece of software without the permission of the end user prior.

They push auto-update notification for new versions when they think a version is ready for that.

Yes I know but auto update is useful when you have multiple installation. 

they can add the auto update option disabled in default configuration to update manually like now.

I''m running an instance under Mac OS 10.8.5 and Sync 2.2.5. When I open the Sync panel then click "Check Now" for Updates the response is that 2.2.5 is the latest release.

[Edit] I had also checked this last night before sending my daughter back to college this morning so she'll have to wait until her next break to upgrade. We've agreed that she won't do any upgrades of certain software while away at school since being 9 hours away makes is more difficult to fix things when they come along.

Edited by ThisIsNotYourDroid

I''m running an instance under Mac OS 10.8.5 and Sync 2.2.5. When I open the Sync panel then click "Check Now" for Updates the response is that 2.2.5 is the latest release.

[Edit] I had also checked this last night before sending my daughter back to college this morning so she'll have to wait until her next break to upgrade. We've agreed that she won't do any upgrades of certain software while away at school since being 9 hours away makes is more difficult to fix things when they come along.

New releases are only available through automatic updates after a certain amount of time. This allows them to solve any unnoticed bugs that come up. If you want to update to the latest release immediately, you have to download the DMG and upgrade by hand.

Just have a skype/facetime call and use TeamViewer to do it remote. That should be easy enough I guess

@Moe, because of my daughters particular major it requires her laptop to be always ready to go. I've used TeamViewer a lot in my biz and I've experienced some issues then so I can't take the chance to screw up her laptop without it being close by. The Raspberry Pi I'm putting together in the other tread I've posted in is for her and once I get it all up and running I'll send it up to her and probably remove Sync from her laptop.  :)

Also based on @iswrong's comment above; "... This allows them to solve any unnoticed bugs that come up. ..." I won't be updating until it's been cleared for auto update. In the past I always wanted to be ahead of everyone else but I'm getting over the need to be first after all these years of rooting and running custom ROMs on my Android phones. I quite content to hang back and let the younger crowd take over and I'm happy with my non-rooted phone (with the exception of all the bloat that VZW puts on it!).  :)

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

(not quite sure where to submit bugs, yet ..)

Platform:

O.S.: Linux 4.2.8-300.fc23.x86_64

Browser: Firefox 43

Issue:

During the Web Configuration on Linux, (and apparently Windows 10 as well), the user is prompted with a form, asking the user to provided a "name to show" ...

However, the "Get started" button never becomes enabled to move forward.

The Actual Prompt:

Chooose a name to show when you send and receive folders.

Text Input Box --- Get Started Button, (Disabled)

Please choose carefully as this cannot be changed later.

Eula Check Box -- NOT SHOWN ---

This is a bug in the web / html of the web page. 

This defect occurs on firefox, but not google chrome.

Work-Around:

Initialized btsync in another browser, (not firefox).

Opening the User interface in Chrome will show that there is a checkbox beneath the form, to accept a Eula.  Firefox does not display that option, and so the "Get Started" Button will not become enabled.

Edited by oneflame

(not quite sure where to submit bugs, yet ..)

You can submit bugs through http://help.getsync and on the top right it has a contact form - here is the link to it http://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

For that bug: do you have any kind of adblock software running? Also just as a reminder, there is a sub-forum for troubleshooting issues. You can find it here http://forum.bittorrent.com/forum/108-sync-troubleshooting/. Maybe you can find some information on it there also.

/e I saw that you already replied to one of the threads in the troubleshooting sub forum.

I guess it is best to discuss this issue there instead of here :)

The changelog link is a 404. Can admins please fix.

Would like to know the changes in this package.

Cheers.

@zdz, the link has now been fixed, however, I'm aware that the new changelog presently only goes up to 2.2.5 - please bear with the team, they've recently migrated the Help Centre, and there are still a couple of "niggles" to iron out! - I've given the appropriate people a nudge to update the changelog to 2.2.7, but in the meantime, here are the missing bits:

- Fixed “Database error” appearing during long time Sync operation with no obvious reason

- Fixed issue with inability to re-apply owner license if client license is applied (business licenses only)

- Fixed minor cosmetic issues

Fixes:

- Crashes on Linux when Sync starts in config mode, then in regular one

- Crashes in Linux chroot'ed environments

- "More options" shows empty list sometimes

- Minor cosmetic fixes

UPDATE: Changelog has now been updated to 2.2.7

Edited by GreatMarko
Changelog has now been updated at link in first post