Trying to prevent files from 'Read-Only' being sent to source - but failing

Bgregster

I followed the instructions here: http://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/206216565-How-to-create-a-Read-Only-folder-while-syncing-across-linked-devices-

to get my backup folder to receive and store updated or new files from my source folder on my home computer when I create them.

I assume that the crossed-out pencil indicates the folder is read-only?

However the log is showing that my home computer is saying 'Greg's iMac' (the source) added file xxxxx. Does this mean it is adding files from my backup drive to Greg's iMac or the other way round?

There's also a load of 'failed to download' errors  (No such file or directory) and I can't figure out what it's trying to download from where.

Is 3.0 kBs a normal 'down' speed?

Screen.png

log.png

Yes, crossed pencil means RO folder. 

RO peer can have files added to their folder and this will be reflected in History. That line quoted means that file was added to folder on Greg's iMac in Finder, locally. Is Greg's iMac - also RO peer or is it RW source of the files? 

Failed to download' errors  (No such file or directory) - is not critical error. 

No, speed 3.0 kBs is not normal, and is signalling about some files stuck. There are a number of reasons why this will happen, most popular ones are here. If tips there do not help, please send debug logs from *both* peers to support.

Thanks for that Helen - To answer your question, Greg's iMac is a RW source of files but may main concern is that it wouldn't use files from a remote read only folder in case they overwrite on my computer (or delete files on my computer in order to keep in sync with the backup drive).