Sync LOST ALL FILES

alex...

I was working on a big multi-file project with my friend over at his computer. this project was synced. after I returned home he calls me and says half of the files are gone.

I tell him to look his history and the last thing he has is finished syncing. (the 33 minutes ago is 23:21)

at the same time i look at my history and what I've got is a list of all the files deleted by him at 23:18. There is nothing about it in his history.

I go into archive and there's a few old files from days earlier and one from today from 23:18, however in actuality it's a version from the day before.

I'm extremely frustrated. This project was a lot of work for us, I don't know what to do.... Can anyone help???

attached are the screenshots of file history from him and me (taken not at the same time).

I'm desperately asking for help. 

13662405_10206362406991654_2049359792_o.png

Capture.PNG

Untitled.png

if Kuba peer deleted the files (for the reason yet unknown), then the file will be moved to Archive on your PC, unless: 1) these are 0-sized files, or 2) their size is bigger than what is said in 'max_file_size_for_versioning" in power user settings in Sync or 3) your Archive was disabled.   Check Archive on Kuba as well. 

Collect and send to support all logs from both peers, from %appdata%\BitTorrent Sync (or BitTorrent Sync Service) - all files sync.log and all sync.log###zip archives. If they are too big to attach, put them aside, do contact support and we'll give you an upload link for logs. Mention this forum topic.

And please tell us what was being done with files right before you noticed it - were the files renamed or moved around in bulk? 

thanks for anserwing Helen,

none of these 3 conditions were met, so sync should have archived. 'max_file_size_for_versioning' is set to 1000. (I'm guessing it's MB, in which case no file could exceed that)

archive is enabled and it did save the project, but an old version from the day before. which makes it useless.

On Kuba's computer it saved some unrelated things.

Before we noticed this, this happened: we were working on the project, we saved, then closed the project, opened a different project (not from a sync folder) and then went back to the previous one to see that all the files we added today are gone.