Android stops syncing, requires phone restart to fix.

Andyjbm

On 4/17/2020 at 12:00 AM, Andy+ said:

...Syncthing, its basically the same as Resilio, more flexibel in Features, also in this case, but not so fast....

I'll trade speed for reliability any day of any week. I'm done with Resilio because of this issue of the Android app just stopping and "Can't download file" nonsense.

I should never have migrated my shares over from BTSync.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think that's entirely appropriate. Resilio is very good software. Unfortunately, there are no fresh updates and the problem is that not all bugs can be eliminated. The update cycles should be significantly shorter. Monthly, quarterly, but not yearly or longer. The last update is from July 2020 (!). In addition, as the operating systems progress, there are new points that need to be worked on. With the development of hardware, new platforms arise, some of which are also introduced.

In any case, the frustration is increasing and many are now switching to Syncthing, I see that in the forum there. I think that's a shame.

I think they did fix this to some degree, I now only have to open Sync to get it to start syncing again. I don't have to force stop it anymore.

Granted, I'm WFH now and haven't had to travel to my work with the firewall that blocks the traffic - so maybe that would cause issues if I went there.

19 hours ago, Maniac said:

they did fix this to some degree

There is surely nothing done, since "Current Version" 2.6.4 is from 12/2019, it means approx. 14 month old.

I also had this problem and was finally able to solve it by rebuilding Resilio on all devices in terms of profile and database. The profile also because I have a Pro license and duplicated devices were there from unsuccessful attempts, etc. I think things like this also lead to malfunctions. Then it started again.

Is not the official date, today on Google Play is 8/2/2021 regarding v2.6.4, is also wrong. It seems any automatic tool to lift the date it seems to be more current. Such tricky things are not okay.

If you look in the forum, some people, also me, fighting to have a better response from Resilio, but is difficult. I dont know, if a issue of Corona or such like that. More and more people are in the Syncthing forum, coming from here, thats not a good trend.