Sync as a service account problem

7H0M4S

Hi ! I use to install sync as a service on windows without any troubles, but now when i try to, it fails at the account 's step, refusing whatever account i try to add.

(account name and/or password incorrect)

I'm on windows 10 2004, i dont know if this could be related ? I also tried the manual installation of the service :

cd "%APPDATA%\Resilio Sync" ; "Resilio Sync.exe" /svcinstall -a -u %username% %password%

That fails also ... Tried different accounts, and on multiple computers, same issue.

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

I have different Windows 10 computers with build 2004 without installation problems. On all as service installed. Due you try to delete all Resilio components on your computer, also APP data, registry entries and so one and to make a very green new installation?

Hi Andy, thanks for your quick answer ; i din't clean my previous installation, i use to just move it to service wihtout any problem before on computers.

I would like to avoid to wipe out my resilio sync and loose all my settings ... As the issue is only linked to the windows credential, isn't there any way

to install the service wihtout those credentials, and add them after in the service panel ?

Cheers,

I face the same issue on Windows Server 2016. Installation as a service is running well with V2.6.3. But with V2.7.1 none of the credentials work at the installation process, neither any of the user accounts nor the "local system" and "local service" accounts. The installation always fails saying either username or password are invalid. No chance to jump over this point. No chance to get this update installed as a service. Seems to be an incorporated issue of the current install file V.2.7.1.1370. It is independent on the Windows version obviously. Resilio moderators, can you please comment?

Running into the same problem

On 6/24/2020 at 11:34 AM, 7H0M4S said:

Thanks for your feedback, but as i stated, i used to intall the service wihout troubles before using my credentials. As i can't go past the credential's step now i cannot complete the installation at all as a service ...

Cheers

Ah, so it is a bug in Resilio.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:02 AM, Andy+ said:

I have different Windows 10 computers with build 2004 without installation problems. On all as service installed. Due you try to delete all Resilio components on your computer, also APP data, registry entries and so one and to make a very green new installation?

Seems also for me, is a bug, but I´m not purely sure. Since in all the past years, it was never a problem. New installation, updates, it runs. Also now on all my computers is v2.7.1 installed. But at timepoint of the updates on all was W10 build 1909 installed and after the Resilio update from v2.6.4 to v2.7.1 the Windows updates installes build 2004. It seems for me, that the problem have also a relation to that build 2004.

4 hours ago, Andy+ said:

Seems also for me, is a bug, but I´m not purely sure. Since in all the past years, it was never a problem. New installation, updates, it runs. Also now on all my computers is v2.7.1 installed. But at timepoint of the updates on all was W10 build 1909 installed and after the Resilio update from v2.6.4 to v2.7.1 the Windows updates installes build 2004. It seems for me, that the problem have also a relation to that build 2004.

It is definitely a bug, confirmed by Resilio support team. The bug is independent on Windows version or build, it is there not only for Windows 10 various builds, but also for Windows Server installations. See my recent posted feedback from support team above.

• 3 weeks later...