File transferred stalled

laurin1

What kind of files are these? 12919 files only being 3MB of files is nonsensical. You likely have filesystem corruption.  Run chkdsk if you're on Windows. 

Double check you never ran out of space somewhere and these aren't all 0 byte files or something.

You might also consider syncing more smaller sized folders with less files in each sync share.

Yea, I know, I saw that. There is nothing wrong with the file system, that is a problem with Sync.  None of the machines are out of space. This has happened before (on many occasions). Right now, everything is synced, but what you pointed out is a bug in the Sync software.

I have tried doing smaller folders, but the problem is there are so many of them, that it takes me FOREVER to configure a new machine (or a rebuild), which I do all too frequently).

In such cases, it’s normally not a issue of Resilio. In your case it seems that the content is blocked for Resilio and is more a thing of the right permissions.

To fix this again, I recommend resetting recursiv the System-ACLs inside of the related folders for all content with root:root, octal 0777 and then resetting the ACLs back in the system by inheriting them from the root folder back into the files and subdirectories. Then it should work again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 7:27 AM, laurin1 said:

Oh, that and downgraded to 2.7.0 - I believe there is a bug in 2.7.1 that caused this in the first place, because prior to that change, this all worked fine for years.

I know this is an older thread, but I actually had the same exact issue. We have 3x Synology units, and maybe 6x Windows boxes, all were running 1375 (2.7.2) and they never actually finished indexing or syncing (hard to tell which - there was hard drive activity and files being sent, but at the end of the day it would still think there was 2TB of files needed to be synced). I removed the share, deleted the .sync folders, etc etc, but after maybe a week of battling this, moving back down to 2.7.0 fixed it in less than 12 hours (all files needed re-indexing across all machines, but after that - perfect).