Unable to Navigate to External SD Card

pantooset

Using Bittorrent Sync on an Android, Samsung Galaxy S4, it isn't possible to navigate to an external SD card.  That makes Sync pretty much useless.

A Sync folder can only be created on the phone, which in my instance is limited to 10 GB and is already occupied with native apps and data.  Is this the experience of other users?  Is there a hack or trick to get Sync to see the External SD?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether this is related but when I set up my BitTorrent Sync from my desktop to Android HTC One external SD card, it set up OK at first but then wouldn't sync, and now my SD card is not able to accessed. I've tried mounting and unmounting to no avail. Unfortunately I don't have a way to test the card somewhere else. It looks like BTSync killed the SD card!

I don't know whether this is related but when I set up my BitTorrent Sync from my desktop to Android HTC One external SD card, it set up OK at first but then wouldn't sync, and now my SD card is not able to accessed. I've tried mounting and unmounting to no avail. Unfortunately I don't have a way to test the card somewhere else. It looks like BTSync killed the SD card!

Question about external SD-Card:

storage device via Y-cable?

• 5 months later...

I can confirm this bug, but you need to clarify it.

The only folder, i am able to sync on my galaxy s4 is the one in: sdcard/extsdcard/Android/data/**bittorrentsyncappfolder***/files/ and here i can create my synced folders. It is in fact a problem. The app has no rights to create a folder an any other location. And even if i move the created folder to the root of the sdcard, i am not able to sync it.

If your S4 has been updated to KitKat (4.4.2), then you're experiencing a limitation that's new with KitKat, and your problemis  unrelated to this old thread. See, for example:

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/28275-android-442-dont-have-permission-to-write-to-this-folder/

and complete info at:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/17/external-blues-google-has-brought-big-changes-to-sd-cards-in-kitkat-and-even-samsung-may-be-implementing-them/

• 1 month later...

I can confirm this bug, but you need to clarify it.

The only folder, i am able to sync on my galaxy s4 is the one in: sdcard/extsdcard/Android/data/**bittorrentsyncappfolder***/files/ and here i can create my synced folders. It is in fact a problem. The app has no rights to create a folder an any other location. And even if i move the created folder to the root of the sdcard, i am not able to sync it.

D3rdon I confirm same as you described.

Galaxy s5, Android 4.4.2