[Solved] Invalid Request

gilli

Hi guys,

I am having a strange problem, after I ran some updates (I think) on my ubuntu server that is running btsync on I am unable to access the webui. 

When I go to http://192.168.1.14:8888 or http://192.168.1.14:8888/gui/ all I get is "invalid request". 

It was all working fine before but now I can't seem to be able to access it no matter what I do. 

My other btsync devices are still connected to that server so it is working as it should. Only the webui is broken. 

Do you guys have any idea what the problem might be? 

Thanks, 

Gilli 

I have this issue regularly because I run quite a few other pieces of web-based software on the same host. I'm still unsure (Mainly due to laziness), but, one of the following causes cookie issues with BTSync:-

1. Sabnzbd

2. Sickbeard

3. Couchpotato

4. Headphones

5. Transmission

6. Plex Media Server

7. (Unlikely) unRAID web-UI or the 'simple features' update for it.

Now, fix is easy, simple delete the cookies for the host. Only one cookie actually causes an error, however, I can't remember exactly what that cookie was. If you want to tell me your cookie key values for the host running BTSync, I'll be sure to tell you. It's something along the lines of "GUID", "SESSION_UID", or, something that's a unique identifier.

EDIT:-

HTTP/1.1 200 OKConnection: keep-aliveContent-Length: 347Content-Type: text/htmlSet-Cookie: GUID=AlsoNo; path=/

Considering it sets 'GUID', I'm guessing the cookie is probably 'GUID'. Delete it, it should work fine.

Great that worked, I deleted GUID and it worked once again. 

I am also running the following services 

1.Sickbeard

2.Plex media server

3.Couchpotato

However I think Plex was the only one installed when the problem started so I suspect it is the one causing this conflict. 

Thanks a lot,

Gilli 

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, 

I'm having this same problem.  I'm using BTSync v1.1.82 on a QNAP T669 Pro.  (x86_64)

After reading the solution listed above I still have questions as I do not know how or where to delete the cookies from the host.  I'm not well versed in Linux.

Can anyone provide a more detailed explanation in doing so?  I'd be very grateful as this is a pain in the neck.

Strangely, BTSync did work at one point for me as I was able to set it all up.  Now, I can't get to the GUI.  I just receive the "invalid request" error every time I try to go to BTSync from the Agreement/Acknowledgment screen.

Note: I too am running Plex Media Server.  The commonality in this thread may point to this as the culprit.

jpkelly1,

You need to delete cookies in your browser. Every browser has it's own way to delete cookies.

In firefox you can go to History -> Clear recent history, then choose "everything" in time range, "Details" and "Cookies" only.

In Safari it would be Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Details 

In Chrome it would be Settings (preferences) -> Advanced settings -> Privacy -> Clear browsing data

In IE it would be Tools -> Delete browser history, cookies.

You can find other browsers instructions over internet.

• 1 year later...

Thank you very much.

I am running Plex Media Server in a Debian server toguether with utorrent.

I usually managed my utorrent server from a Debian client in my local network. Suddenly I got this "Invalid request" error.

I do not know which the cookie giving troubles, but the exact workound RomanZ describes worked perfectly for me. Thank you for the support.

In firefox you can go to History -> Clear recent history, then choose "everything" in time range, "Details" and "Cookies" only.