Please, Please, Please, Please Raise/remove The 50-Peer Hard Cap!

vocatus

I've posted about this before and was told "no updates at this time," but this is a pressing need and a very easy fix.

Please, remove the 50-peer hard cap in BT Sync!! Abolish it, raise it significantly, or add a GUI option to let it be configurable, This cannot be a difficult change, and I can't imagine what possible negative effects there could be.

I'm attempting to host some projects for people to use and am constantly bumping into this hard peer cap issue. I know the team is very busy, but this would be extremely helpful if you could find time to implement it.

Thank-you.

It cant be the fault of the OS because i can do more than 50 connections with Bittorent. Also, I do sync up with Vocatus as well as other projects all with over 50 peers. This limit seems ridiculous. I should be able to have as many connections as my router can handle.

Wasn't it the fault of the OS? If i remember correctly BTsync has no hardcoded peerlimit o.o

Incorrect - Sync currently supports a maximum of 50 simultaneously connected devices by design - it's not an "OS limitation" - see this post.

Given that the current Sync offering is intended primarily for "personal" use, it's unlikely that most "personal" users would need to connect to 50 other devices simultaneously (let alone own or have access to 50 other devices!). This does not mean that you can't share a file with more than 50 devices with the "personal" edition of Sync, though - you can! - see this post.

I suspect that if the ability to raise this limit were to be introduced, it would likely be an "enterprise" feature, rather than something included in the "personal" edition of Sync.

I would be more than happy to pay for a corporate version, I sync a 5.3 TB movie database with about 75 friends and on top of that I sync with vocatus who has 100's of peers. so you can imagine how many connections I could have. I have a watchguard XTM 26 at home so I can handle the connections.

I would be more than happy to pay for a corporate version, I sync a 5.3 TB movie database with about 75 friends and on top of that I sync with vocatus who has 100's of peers. so you can imagine how many connections I could have. I have a watchguard XTM 26 at home so I can handle the connections.

Any option besides a hard cap would be great, there are a number of use-cases where more than 50 peers is very desirable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...