Zomg - I Requested An Api Key 7 Minutes Ago And I Still Haven't Received It. Why?!?!

aaronliao

Yes, the title is supposed to be slightly comedic, but believe it or not, I've gotten at least a few emails that read just like the title and this question also comes up fairly often on this forum, so I'm going to sticky this one for future reference.

I personally read, approve and process every API key request that comes in via the Sync Developer website.  I like to tell folks that it may take ~72 hours for their key to arrive, but please allow +/- 72 hours if you request a key on a US holiday, on a weekend, etc.

"But it has been 72 hours + 73 hours and I STILL haven't received my key!!!  What gives?!  Are you ignoring me?"

Absolutely not :)  Here are a few things that might help.  First, your API key email will come from "no-reply@bittorrent.com" - I feel almost patronising saying this, but please check your junk folder for the API key.

Next, we use Mailchimp to send out the automated API Key Welcome emails.  Mailchimp does not allow role-based emails.  More info on that here:

http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/growth/limits-on-role-based-addresses

"OK, I've checked my junk folder and I'm not using a role-based email and I still have received my key - it has been 245838975398745 hours since I requested it.  What now?"

At this point, it makes perfect sense to shoot me an email to ask what's going on :)  I'm aaron [at] bittorrent [dot] com.

Hope this helps!

aaron

• 2 months later...

Have you emailed Aaron to chase it up, as outlined in his first post?

:)

I requested an API key 1 month ago and I haven't received it. zOMG!

Has my request been denied?

I even described the amazing things we are doing with Btsync here http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/32216-geo-load-balancing-data-replication-alternative/

send me a PM or email with your requesting email address thejae.  thanks!

aaron

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I requested and received confirmation of acceptance to the API program.

However - we have received several emails saying "Your api key is below" and the section that I believe is to contain the is completely blank.

It's not an HTML error or hidden text - the information is simply not there.

Received Mon 23/05/2016

Welcome to the Sync API.

Thank you for applying for a Sync API Key. Below is your 12-month free Evaluation Key. This key can be used to assess the Sync platform and get a head start on building your solution.

Please note that the API calls for this free Evaluation Key are limited by the Sync license you have installed: free clients only support free features and Pro clients will support all calls.

Also this email received Mon 30/05/2016:

Connect with the Sync API community.

Now that you have an Evaluation Key for the Sync API, why not connect with our engineers and other developers in the Sync developer forums?

Ask questions. Share ideas. Interact with our engineers.

Click Here to visit the Sync developers forum.

Reminder: Below is your Evaluation Key to assess the features of the API or to get an early start on your application.

This Evaluation Key is valid for twelve (12) months, and will need to be converted to a Licensed Key by contacting our sales team.

If you’re ready to start working with the API, get started by following the link below, and thanks again for joining our community.

Get Started

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...