Latest Desktop build 2.3.4

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.3.4 is now available. You can get it via direct links below, via official download page or via "Check now" button. Build is not yet available via auto-update.

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

Latest Android build is now also available via direct link: 2.3.4 APK
Latest Raspberry Pi package is available via direct link: 2.3.4 DEB

Known issues and peculiarities:
- Linux users please note: starting from 2.3.0, Sync now creates and uses storage folder (.sync folder) in current directory, not next to binary

- Upgrading from 2.3.0-2.3.3 may remove your identity and folders. It is strongly advised that you backup your storage folder prior to upgrade to 2.3.4.

@leopinheiro Sorry about that. This is a known issue that is present in 2.3.3 and happens when you close Sync. The bad thing about it is that you can't restore your folders unless you backed it up in advance. I'll warn all users in topic starter.

BTW, if you've already wrote to support, can you please tell me ticket#? 

1 hour ago, RomanZ said:

- Upgrade may remove your identity and folders. It is known issue is in 2.3.0 .. 2.3.3, so it is advised to back up your storage folder prior upgrade.

Hi

this issue will occur on Synology (avoton) NAS too?

With " storage folder" you mean the folder "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync" or what?

In case the answer is "Yes", could you tell me what is the BTS storage folder path in Synology NAS architecture that I must backup?

4 minutes ago, carloxp said:

this issue will occur on Synology (avoton) NAS too?

With " storage folder" you mean the folder "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync" or what?

In case the answer is "Yes", could you tell me what is the BTS storage folder path in Synology NAS architecture that I must backup?

@carloxp the original post has since been updated with a link to storage folder locations for various OSs

3 hours ago, RomanZ said:

@leopinheiro Sorry about that. This is a known issue that is present in 2.3.3 and happens when you close Sync. The bad thing about it is that you can't restore your folders unless you backed it up in advance. I'll warn all users in topic starter.

Known by whom? I'm a Pro user and was not informed about this "known" issue. What is going on with this company? Are you nuts?

@leopinheiro

Known by whom? I'm a Pro user and was not informed about this "known" issue.

Known by us. It means that we are aware of the issue and fixed it in future builds. We avoid sending extra updates to our customers as users start treating such mails as "spam".

What is going on with this company? Are you nuts?

I would ask you to keep our conversation constructive and keep it around issues and with respect to all conversation participants.

I need to chat with a technical support representative. Sync is still running 2.3.3 as a service, even though I installed 2.3.4 on top of it. You must help me extract my identity.

We do not have chat or phone support. Feel free to contact us via our Help Desk support form. We'll do our best to restore your identity, although my experience indicates that in majority of cases like yours it is not recoverable.

@carloxp for all Syno products that would be

/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var

• RomanZ unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, RomanZ said:

@leopinheiro

Known by us. It means that we are aware of the issue and fixed it in future builds. We avoid sending extra updates to our customers as users start treating such mails as "spam".

I would ask you to keep our conversation constructive and keep it around issues and with respect to all conversation participants.

I must agree with you. But you must also agree that your clients deserve (way) more respect regarding to "known issues" serious like this. Until now there have been no official email about it and *no* notes on the website (www.getsync.com) - forum messages does not count. <mod snip>

We do not have chat or phone support. Feel free to contact us via our Help Desk support form. We'll do our best to restore your identity, although my experience indicates that in majority of cases like yours it is not recoverable.

I've been waiting for an answer for more than 24 hours now. Still waiting.

Edited by GreatMarko
Removed unconstructive comment/attack

@leopinheiro support team replies 100% tickets it receives, nothing is ignored. Here we asked your ticket # to reply to it and provide help immediately:

On 16/03/2016 at 3:40 PM, RomanZ said:

BTW, if you've already wrote to support, can you please tell me ticket#? 

If you have got acknowledgment mail about your request submitted to support, you can see ticket # from there. If you didn't receive such confirmation, thus your ticket was not submitted to support and  they didn't receive anything from you, sorry.

Taking into account the fact that there were other tickets from you, sent earlier and replied by the team in time, you can see that support works! There are no more requests from you apart from those old ones. 

Anyway, if identity settings were lost you could always create new one and add the folders back to Sync again, free of charge.