Resilio Sync 2.4 RC1

RomanZ

I had an issue in 2.3.8 on a very symple local sync configuration (advanced folders)with a laptop (MacBook) and a desktop (iMAC) - the peers do not see each other after a while.  You can get it back to work by removing all synced folder and re-pairing them. But it gets back to showing peers 0 out of 1 after a (short) while.

I currently testing 2.4 on my Linux server and a MacBook. In total I have 3 peers the 2 above mentioned and one Android client.

I added the IP address of my server to the host list of each folder on my MacBook and now the client says that 2 out of 3 clients are online.

When I lock at the my device list it only shows the 3 devices I mentioned in the beginning.

On the other 2 clients it still says 2 out of 2.

Edit:

I just saw that it sometimes says 3 out of 3, but I still don't get why. Also on the Server it now says 3 out of 4.

MacBook:

24_ResilioSync_MacBook.png

Linux:

24_ResilioSync_Linux.png

Edited by stonerl
Some additional information

@JulianSatran I've opened a ticket on your behalf and attached your debugs there. Although, you did not attach a single log (sync.log file), so we won't be able to find out why peers do not see each other. Could you please?

@stonerl What Sync shows you when you click the "x out of y" peers? It should show you the list of identities & peers connected. I strongly suspect that you reinstalled Sync on one of peers, and now that old instance always hanging in disconnected ones.

5 minutes ago, RomanZ said:

What Sync shows you when you click the "x out of y" peers? It should show you the list of identities & peers connected. I strongly suspect that you reinstalled Sync on one of peers, and now that old instance always hanging in disconnected ones.

@RomanZ On my Server, were it now shows "x out of 4" it lists my Android-Device, my MacBook and 2 times the Server. On my MacBook it lists my Android-Device one active Server and one inactive Server.

On the Android-Device it shows the correct number of peers; 2 of 2.

I did not reinstall Sync on any of these peers. Until yesterday I did not have any problems. Last night I added the Server to the "predefined Hosts" on the MacBook, and this morning I saw that the peers increased. Btw. I already opened a support ticket.

1 hour ago, RomanZ said:

@JulianSatran I've opened a ticket on your behalf and attached your debugs there. Although, you did not attach a single log (sync.log file), so we won't be able to find out why peers do not see each other. Could you please?

@stonerl What Sync shows you when you click the "x out of y" peers? It should show you the list of identities & peers connected. I strongly suspect that you reinstalled Sync on one of peers, and now that old instance always hanging in disconnected ones.

here they are + a snapshot of the window on one the machines (same thing shows on both)

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 10.14.02.png

Edited by Helen
Removed logs from public access

In case those are what you look for

19 hours ago, Helen said:

Can you rather you submit logs to support, from both peers? 

I remade the whole set. Observing it longer I see that the "peer online #" is the status at a give time (probably since 2.38) and it goes to 1 of 1 from time to time 

Quite confusing as the sync activity is probably low. Also the other columns (sizes, percentages etc. - are gone?)

According to the activity monitor the CPU load is reasonably low and the history shows some activity so probably 2.4 is a real progress (except for the gui and some explanations).

In case those are what you look for

On 29 August 2016 at 4:25 PM, Helen said:

Can you rather you submit logs to support, from both peers? 

I did send the log and I followed the advice to set up specific hosts as there must be a broadcast issue in my network.

I did the setup and it worked. (it still works). After some additional examination I found that a connection was made through a bridge that does not suport broadcast. After fixing this (the connection was changed inadvertently several months ago and did not affect anything at the time) broadcast works too.

I am now stuck with 2.4 (RC) and the display has only a few columns (see attached). I hope the more informative display will show up again soon :)

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 21.18.29.png

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, jfreiman said:

Running Sync Pro x64 as a service on Windows 10 x64. 

Stopped Sync Service

Backed up both Sync Users folder and Program Data folders.

Ran the new Resilio Installer, upgraded as Service. 

Within seconds the upgrade was completed and my browser was showing my Sync'd folders and correct licensing information - success!

Now to upgrade my other computers....  :)

Well, that was short lived....  My system that is running Sync as a Service on Windows 10 x64 keeps getting "stuck" when large transfers are happening. 

When large files are transferring/syncing to clients running the Sync 2.4 desktop app, my "server" running as a service begins the transfer(s), but later stops sending data and then gets caught "indexing" one or more folders for indefinite period of time -- even though no changes were made to the folder(s) being indexed.

While "indexing" is taking place, my CPU utilization fluctuates from between 24 - 30% and is high enough priority that it pretty much prevents my computer from conducting  other tasks in a timely fashion.

The only way to correct the issue is to manually stop and restart the service.  Then files again transfer as expected, but I need to keep on checking because more than likely the transfers will stop with the same symptoms as described above. :/

4 hours ago, jfreiman said:

Well, that was short lived....  My system that is running Sync as a Service on Windows 10 x64 keeps getting "stuck" when large transfers are happening. 

When large files are transferring/syncing to clients running the Sync 2.4 desktop app, my "server" running as a service begins the transfer(s), but later stops sending data and then gets caught "indexing" one or more folders for indefinite period of time -- even though no changes were made to the folder(s) being indexed.

While "indexing" is taking place, my CPU utilization fluctuates from between 24 - 30% and is high enough priority that it pretty much prevents my computer from conducting  other tasks in a timely fashion.

The only way to correct the issue is to manually stop and restart the service.  Then files again transfer as expected, but I need to keep on checking because more than likely the transfers will stop with the same symptoms as described above. :/

ok, I now just checked to see if there is an updated RC  2 and there is.  One of the issues resolved seems to cover what I am experiencing. :)

@stonerl There is no checkmarks in Sync status column, and Sync's extensions will show up only on Selective Sync shares, and there will no be icon on the share itself or on the subfolder, only on files. If you don't have checkmarks on files in Selective Sync shares, please see this article to troubleshoot. 

@jfreiman ok, try RC2, keep and eye on it, and if any problem, please report it in RC2 thread. Thank you!