Latest Desktop Build 2.4.0

Helen

After upgrade to 2.4 I encountered unstable connections problem. Now I need to restart rslsync on my home linux server periodically every few hours, because clients lose connections and can't restore them.
I noticed that linux clients can resore connections, but windows client can't and linux under vmware_on_windows also can't restore connections.

5 hours ago, RomanZ said:

@progmachine Open us ticket and send logs. Mark the time when Sync indicates "no connection" but you are confident there is ability to connect.

It seems that deleting all rslsync working files, except config.json, and re-hashing all folders, solved the rpoblem.

Now Sync periodically lose connections, but restores them quickly.

I recently updated all 5 of my macs to Resilio sync 2.4.0. From the previous version (2.3.8?). Unfortunately I am seeing the duplicate peer problem that was raised in the RC1 discussion.  Is this better understood at this stage?  I set all of my macs so that they can see each other without searching via the advanced preference: <folder_defaults.known hosts> globally and I also have an active "use predefined hosts list" for each folder (probably not necessary?) .  I have also checked that the 5 listening ports are unique and match the ports specified for the hosts listed in the preferences.  I have also verified that there is only one instance of sync running on each machine.

Thanks Helen for the quick reply.

As a follow up, is this behavior purely cosmetic or is the functionality impaired?  In other words, can I keep using this version or do I need to downgrade?

Also how does the global "folder_default.known hosts" string operate in conjunction with the per folder "use predefined hosts list"?

Thanks again for your help.

you can keep using it. but I'd rather flush peers cache every now and then - set "peer_expiration_days' to zero. restart Sync ,an d then set it back to 7 and restart Sync. 
while they are actually the same, "folder_default.known hosts" is automatically applied to every new folder that you add to sync, while "use predefined hosts" is manually set per folder. 

Thanks again.  I now understand that the global setting applies to new folders only.  In terms of flushing the peer cache, your recipe doesn't have any effect because in my case all peers are specified explicitly and other options to find peers locally or remotely are disabled in the preferences.  So, I will use the software and wait for an update to remove the duplicate peers.