Hello Pro! Sync 3.0

Dear community! 
We are thrilled to introduce the new Resilio Sync v3.0. To learn more about the exciting updates and improvements, check out our latest blogpost.

Hello Pro: All the Benefits of Sync Pro—Now Available for All in Resilio Sync 3.0

Thank you for being a part of our community. We appreciate your continued support and hope you enjoy all that Resilio Sync v3.0 has to offer!

• Helen pinned this topic

The article is quite misleading to current users. I have several questions regarding Resilio Sync 3.0:

1. Do current Sync 2.x Pro users get Resilo Sync 3.0 Pro with old licenses, or our licenses simply expire / become obsolete, and everybody should get the new "free license" for the now free "Resilio Sync 3.0"?

2. Is the new "free license" a trial, or it's perpetual?

3. Will there be Resilio Sync 3.0 Free and (paid) Pro, or just one free edition Resilio sync 3.0?

4. Are Sync for Desktop apps only available for 64-bit platforms? if this is true, it practically retires lots of embedded Linux devices. 

10 hours ago, eltopo said:

The article is quite misleading to current users. I have several questions regarding Resilio Sync 3.0:

1. Do current Sync 2.x Pro users get Resilo Sync 3.0 Pro with old licenses, or our licenses simply expire / become obsolete, and everybody should get the new "free license" for the now free "Resilio Sync 3.0"?

2. Is the new "free license" a trial, or it's perpetual?

3. Will there be Resilio Sync 3.0 Free and (paid) Pro, or just one free edition Resilio sync 3.0?

4. Are Sync for Desktop apps only available for 64-bit platforms? if this is true, it practically retires lots of embedded Linux devices. 

1 - 3: There's no more Pro tier. However, the blog post doesn't say Sync 2.x Pro features are free in 3.x

4. I haven't seen the packages yet, but with the last major 32-bit holdout, Raspberry Pi OS, going fully 64-bit over the past year I can see why the dev team would choose to go 64-bit only. I migrated my 3B+ to Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit myself this past winter. It's easier than it sounds. FWIW it looks like FreeBSD support might be gone too.

Hello,

Please check these guides and FAQ, they answer your questions on more details https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/sections/32109588159123-Update-Resilio-Sync-to-version-3-0-0 
short answers: 
1. Yes. Consumer Sync Pro and Sync Pro Family licenses will unlock Sync 3.0. The product will remain the same, Sync 3.0. There is no more Pro version of Sync 3.0 since all Pro features are included in free now.  
2. The Sync Free 3.0 license has no expiration date and is not a trial.
3. There's a Resilio Sync 3.0 edition available for everyone for non-commercial use. You need to get the license or use the previously purchased one to activate it. 
4. Please check the change log by link above. A number of 32-bit and arm platform are not supported by Resilio Sync 3.0. Also, check system requirements https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/205450965-Supported-platforms-minimum-requirements

Besides the visual makeover, everything seems exactly the same as before, are there any new features introduced over 2.8.1 besides all the Pro stuff being free now? Also, I'm guessing the NAS builds aren't ready yet? The downloads page only shows "Desktop" and "Mobile".

Edit: I looked at the changelog and yah, there's really nothing "new" as far as features go in this 3.0 release. Judging from the email I got about it a couple months ago and the excitement it instilled, I was expecting maybe some of the features from Active Everywhere, some improved features like reverting a file version without having to do it manually, Apple File Provider implementation, etc.

I'm not complaining, but was kind of surprised that this was predominantly just a rebrand release with the same feature set (if you already had Pro). I'm beyond thrilled there's a renewed life on what many of us thought was a dying product, but it fell a little flat when I looked under the hood.

But really, without the NAS packages, I'll have the backbone of my system still on 2.8.1.

5 hours ago, Mawthra said:

Besides the visual makeover, everything seems exactly the same as before, are there any new features introduced over 2.8.1 besides all the Pro stuff being free now? Also, I'm guessing the NAS builds aren't ready yet? The downloads page only shows "Desktop" and "Mobile".

Edit: I looked at the changelog and yah, there's really nothing "new" as far as features go in this 3.0 release. Judging from the email I got about it a couple months ago and the excitement it instilled, I was expecting maybe some of the features from Active Everywhere, some improved features like reverting a file version without having to do it manually, Apple File Provider implementation, etc.

I'm not complaining, but was kind of surprised that this was predominantly just a rebrand release with the same feature set (if you already had Pro). I'm beyond thrilled there's a renewed life on what many of us thought was a dying product, but it fell a little flat when I looked under the hood.

But really, without the NAS packages, I'll have the backbone of my system still on 2.8.1.

While I personally don't have any feature requests, if you have any be sure to put them in the forum somewhere. Likewise happy for a new major release. I think a lot changed under the hood, hence the specific update instructions. Perhaps the existing features were ported from the v2.x framework to the v3.x framework, and they're just making sure that's stable 1st before proceeding with anything else. Those of us who were around for the BitTorrent Sync -> Resilio Sync and v1.x -> v2.x transitions recall how rocky those were, so I don't blame the team for being cautious.

4 minutes ago, jdrch said:

While I personally don't have any feature requests, if you have any be sure to put them in the forum somewhere. Likewise happy for a new major release. I think a lot changed under the hood, hence the specific update instructions. Perhaps the existing features were ported from the v2.x framework to the v3.x framework, and they're just making sure that's stable 1st before proceeding with anything else. Those of us who were around for the BitTorrent Sync -> Resilio Sync and v1.x -> v2.x transitions recall how rocky those were, so I don't blame the team for being cautious.

I remember! Been using it since the BTS days myself as well. 3.0 has the same quirks on macOS as 2.8.1 does I'm noticing (OS menu bar goes blank when switching to the Sync window, OS menu bar switches OS dark mode, etc.) Hoping those kind of things get ironed out with subsequent updates.

Hello. Would want to clarify: would there be a FreeBSD version? It was silently updated before for the last 2.x releases this year, though the files were not maid available via full path with version, so I hadn't pushed any port update yet.

Could it be you need some help with FreeBSD version? Can we help somehow?

Wow these are some good news. After being fed-up by Nextcloud I switched to Synology Drive. This led to loss of data, so I tried Resilio and I was quiete happy, everything worked, no errors, nothing. Only reason for me not to migrate was that the project seemed to be dead (no more updates). Went for Syncthing, which was tedious compared to Resilio Sync, and after multiple resyncs etc, I switched to GoodSync / FreefileSync / Documents. Still checking for updates here from time to time. So yes good news, I might use my vacation to migrate back 🙂 

Hey,

I love that the Pro features are free. But I would also like to support future development. I feel especially the iOS app I believe would appreciate some love. It crashes on me (I am guessing too many files to sync) and background sync would also be nice.

Is there any way to donate some money?

With kind Regards

Thorsten

On 8/10/2024 at 9:43 AM, Kworr said:

Hello. Would want to clarify: would there be a FreeBSD version? It was silently updated before for the last 2.x releases this year, though the files were not maid available via full path with version, so I hadn't pushed any port update yet.

Could it be you need some help with FreeBSD version? Can we help somehow?

Seconding this request. There's definitely FreeBSD demand there are certainly people who'd be willing to offer what Resilio needs to enable continued support.

4 hours ago, Wurstmann said:

Hey

Is there a commandline parameter to set the license for 3.0 or via the config.json file? 

or is there only the possibility to set the license via the webgui?

Use the config.json to allow web GUI access from another machine on your LAN, then open the web GUI from another machine and set the license there. Resilio Sync doesn't really have CLI beyond start/stop/enable/disable the service and the config file.

Anyone else on macOS (Sonoma) lose the Finder extension right-click menu's after the upgrade? They no longer show up for me and I have them enabled in the system control panel (even disabled, saved, restarted the Finder, etc.). I saw their was a support article here on Resilio.com, and it was no help.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 5.39.51 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Mawthra said:

Anyone else on macOS (Sonoma) lose the Finder extension right-click menu's after the upgrade? They no longer show up for me and I have them enabled in the system control panel (even disabled, saved, restarted the Finder, etc.). I saw their was a support article here on Resilio.com, and it was no help.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 5.39.51 PM.png

I'm on the latest macOS release and don't recall seeing those previously. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

So generally speaking: We have Sync 3.0 with all pro features and a new logo. Great. Is there somehting like a roadmap when 3.0 will reach which plattform? I read already no ETA for NASes. Looks like Windows, Mac and Linux are 3.0 what about Android and iOS?

16 hours ago, brucie said:

So generally speaking: We have Sync 3.0 with all pro features and a new logo. Great. Is there somehting like a roadmap when 3.0 will reach which plattform? I read already no ETA for NASes. Looks like Windows, Mac and Linux are 3.0 what about Android and iOS?

All the currently supported platforms are listed here, including Android and iOS.

5 minutes ago, haroldfinch said:

Is there an ETA to getting a docker version of 3.0?

I switched to a docker version after having issues manually installing a previous version.  It'd be great to have the features of the new version containerised.

Keep up the great work!

Docker support is deprecated. It might be easier to figure out support for your specific distro you had trouble installing it on.