disconnect

Sync Links (Symlink, Hardlink) As Links

It would be nice if btsync would be able to copy the symbolic and hardlinks as they are, and not just as a normal file as it does now.

If the source and the target of the links are in same share, then create the same link structure on all synced computers (or at least on desktop OS). If not, then do as now, sync as a normal file.

I use symlinks to "merge" subfolders into shares. I want my peers to sync the files, not the links.

Also, I don't want BTSync to arbitrarily create folders all over my drives.

Edit: Sorry, I overlooked the "if in the same share" part. With that, I have no objections.

+1 Bump.

Sync should keep as links. There are discussions since 2013/2014 re: for the option to have it configurable for the user, however the basic premise should be links as links...

This is a must-have! If I need to sync files to 3 users I should not have to make 3 copies of the files! I need to share 90 gigs worth of files,  it will take 180 extra gigs to do that because you don't support Symlink, or Hardlink...