Latest 2.0 Desktop Build - 2.0.105

@trbvm

There are technical issues with Sync 2.0 running on 10.7. Due to low amount of users we decided to cease support of 10.7 and direct our efforts to make Sync better for more popular OSes.

Cool!  FreeBSD is more popular than MacOS!  :P:D

On a serious note, can I assume 2.x versions will eventually make their way into the FreeBSD ports tree?  Thanks in advance.

@eldrin

Yep, we are aware of this issue. Will be fixed eventually. Currently user has to choose himself for the x86 / x64 build.

@merlinuwe

Searching over internet indicates that Medion Lifetab has Intel CPU onboard. Unfortunately, Sync currently only supports ARM processors and won't run on Intel.

@PacketMan

We'd like to get into official FreeBSD ports tree or Linux repositories in future, but its not in the closest future plans.

@RomanZ, but you didn't answer my question. I asked whether there will be a problem if I install the x64 version on top of my existing 32-bit version that I've currently got installed. If doing so will create a duplicate device then I will rather stick to the 32-bit installer when upgrading to future versions.

I have been happily using sync 1.4 on multiple machines, but installed 2.0.105 on one lesser Windows 7 machine to test.

One thing that is missing is the sync icon in the notification area of the Windows 7 task bar - I found it useful.  

In the control panel applet for notification icons, sync is listed - but without an icon,  I changed it to be "Show Icon and notifications" and get the message "This notification icon is not currently active".  I have looked in sync preferences and can't enable this. Help.

@eldrin

Sorry about that, missed your question. It is going to be okay. Both x64 and x86 are using same storage location and reuse it with no issues.

@josh4trunks @PacketMan

We ddon't have official FreeBSD ports. If you take a look at the maintainer name, you can see that the person is outside of BitTorrent: joshruehlig@gmail.com

@andrewb

That's rather strange. Sync 2.0 has icon in system tray - and this code did not change. Is it reproduced stably?

@eldrin

Sorry about that, missed your question. It is going to be okay. Both x64 and x86 are using same storage location and reuse it with no issues.

@josh4trunks @PacketMan

We ddon't have official FreeBSD ports. If you take a look at the maintainer name, you can see that the person is outside of BitTorrent: joshruehlig@gmail.com

@andrewb

That's rather strange. Sync 2.0 has icon in system tray - and this code did not change. Is it reproduced stably?

joshruehlig@gmail.com is me. I think we have different definitions of port. By official port, I meant it's the the FreeBSD Ports Tree, but you mean port in the more general sense, as in a package maintained by the BitTorrent team.

@andrewb

@RomanZ,

I have no explanation for it.  Rebooting didn't fix it, but after the most recent patch Tuesday updates and restart it cam good again.  

Crazy stuff.  Whatever stuck it, let it go again.

• 1 month later...