Slow Sync Speed

Wicus

Origionally posted this query in the BitTorrent Client section, as opposed to the BitTorrent Sync area. Can only hope I won't be flamed to harshly ...

I'm getting the following Sync speeds on a GigaBit LAN

Min 1.6 MBps    Max 6.0 MBps    Avg 2.3 - 3.8 MBps

Would I be totally off-topic expecting around 125 MBps? (when there is no other traffic on the LAN)

Specs:

2x i7 8GB 256SSD Windows 8.1 Laptops running Sync v 2.0.128(36) connected via CAT6 cabling to a NetGear R6300v2

NoteBook 1 - 10.17.0.111

NoteBook 2 - 10.17.0.112

Sync Settings

uPnP port mapping               enabled

Receiving & Sending rates    NOT enabled

lan_encrypt_data                   false

rate_limit_local_peers            false

I recently installed BitTorrent Sync and am liking the way this thing works.  There was a little bit of a learning curve but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The problem I'm having is really slow download speeds from PC to PC.  I'm using Windows 8 with high speed internet.  When I download to my phone it seems to work a lot faster.  Rates right now are averaging 250 KB/s.

I'm using the trial pro version now and would like to make the purchase.  However, if this is considered fast then I'm going to have to pass.

On a side note I'm downloading from a home PC to a work PC which is on a network.

That was only until I decided to rather copy directly from the source to the destination, and re-start the sync.

Now I'm only getting between 39 to 42.6 Kbps and Sync doesn't notice the newly added files even after disconnecting an re-sharing

Only because AFTER  4 days, only 411GB of 711GB was synced ... whereas copying directly via USB took but 2 hours.

What's the deal BitTorrent ?